Antique Nationals/LA Roadster Show Anybody Going

Started by Grandadeo, June 03, 2008, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Normspeed and I will be at the Antique Nationals this Sunday with a few guys from the Plymouth Forum.  We'll be in Norm's black '53 Plymouth 2 door wagon.  New location and date this year.  Its being held at the Fontana Dragstrip which I believe is the same property as the NASCAR track.  We'll be in the preferred parking area at the Roadster Show in the wagon too but will mostly be walking the swap area.  Plan on making the rounds of the shops and cruise nights as usual but would like to do some exploring of junk yards, parts stashes, etc besides Pick-A-Part.  Anyone have any suggestions for older parts yards with pre-60 parts cars especially Fords and Mopars.  Up in the desert would be fine - Hold the snakes.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Grandadeo

Well my first full day out west was a good one.  Don Dilliard, his buddy Ron, and I loaded up in Normspeeds '53 Plymouth Wagon and Norm drove us up to Crestline for a big breakfast then up Lake Arrowhead for the Wooden boat and Woodie Car Show at the lake.  Nice stuff there.  Then it was up to Big Bear for a good sized car show.  Got back down into town and stopped at the motel where most of the 4 ever Four club members were hanging out in the parking lot with the chairs telling stories and generally having a little relaxation before the Antique Nationals tomorrow morning,  Picked up Elmo Rodge there and we all went out for buffalo burgers.  Got in around 10:00 PM and are charging our batteries now - camera and cell phone.  Two friends from Florida traveled along with us and we all had a great day.  It was a lot of fun all riding in the wagon and catching up on a years worth of lie...stories.  We'll all be getting together at the Ant. Nats in the morning plus a few of the guys from the Plymouth forum are meeting us there too.  Should be another long day.  Gotta love it.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50