The Big Day............

Started by Dave, April 15, 2008, 08:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow or Thursday looks like real nice weather. Bout 40 or 50 in the morning and 70 or a little above in the afternoon.. Im planning on making a run to work with the roadster. Gonna have to fly low as the insurance company dont like it driven to work but id like to get a few miles on it and show it off a little 8) Hope nuttin falls off  :D .. I went for a short run last night and the brakes seem a lot better . Didnt act like it wanted to lock up the right front anymore after Sue and I re bled em Sunday. I may drive it a few miles and touch em up again just because.. The only other annoying thing is the brake pedal squeaks .. I drilled it last night and added a grease fitting to it so I can get grease between the tube the arm is welded to and the shaft and hopefully I can get the grease to move around the shaft enuff to stop the squeak.  Ill know more after the run to work.. Some of the better brake mounts have a  cross hole in the center of the shaft and the bolt that holds it has a grease fitting in it. Being the fact that mine is in the car and id had to remove the floor board and other stuff i just drilled it on the car and tapped it. Really went well though.. I plan on the weather beign better than what they say for the weekend and gone to the race track so i need to get some  stuff done this week.. My wife is planning on me being gone too ? Id hate to disappoint her.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

It was 85 here yesterday. Gonna be about that warm today but with 40 mph wind. Enjoy your drive. When I had a roadster, it was always a good feeling to have the air in the face.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

I drove my Coupe to work today too :!:

supposed to be warm here again today......'bout 80-ish 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

river1

it was 98  :shock:  here yesterday  :cry:  :cry:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

well they changed it to 67 for a high.. ill have to check the lows to see if im driving.. Top is nice but the lack of side winders at 6am sucks  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Im very happy to report were here at work and the roadster made it with no problems.. I think I need to once again work on the steering box center and a couple of rattles but so far so good. Little chilly a little windy but it goes down the highway nice. I havent calibrated the speedo yet so i was just going with the flow that could have been 70 ,75 or 80  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Hopefully it will be the same thing for the ride home except ill prolly go the back way cause its payday and we need to hit the financial institution after work..

Danimal

Sorry I missed it Dave. We moved our office over to Ypsi last fall so I'm not down the road anymore. I did come home your way today because I had to go to Clinton.

Glad to hear it went as well as hoped.  I can't wait to drive Court's truck to work! He says I can't but the title says I can do anything I want to!!  :twisted:

Dave

Well We didnt make the winchester race yesterday.. They rescheduled it for this coming sunday  :ha) We are prolly gonna try and go.. I worked on the roadster since i was gonna be home all day with nothing really planned and I also did the interior of my colorado even scrubbing the floor mats.. I fixed some rattles on the roadster then made a discovery.. The springs on the coil overs at some point hit the frame. They have pretty soft springs and it rides pretty nice but no anti roll bar or anything like that. Actually i remember hitting a high spot on the passenger side when i heard it hit and it was just the axle going way high on that side not so much body roll.. Ive been looking at the coil over mounts and i think they just got the wrong angle as in too much.. Of course the more angle the less efficient the shock is..  So.. my fix for tis is going to be a couple brackets that bolt to the lower shock /4 bar mount that move the bottom of the coil over in about an inch or so.. Ill have to paint em red to match everything but if i do it right it should look just fine and work to boot..    
That will give me something to do I guess and keep me out of trouble..   :lol:  :lol: