The J and the Willys @ the races

Started by dragrcr50, April 15, 2008, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Well we made it to the races the 12th,  the Willys had never been out and wouldnt go straight for anything , plenty of horsepower.  Hooley on the other hand even though goofy looking without a front end, (WZ's idea of kool)  ran strong all night and went to the final where he red lighted in the final, so congrats hooley for the great first race... we do it again on may 3d... for those who want to see pics go to my website www.woodardracingandhotrods.com in the forum under tvrp races  or directly to the race track at www.okthunder.com under gasser pics, they have 180 pics of us all ...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "dragrcr50"Well we made it to the races the 12th,  the Willys had never been out and wouldnt go straight for anything , plenty of horsepower.  Hooley on the other hand even though goofy looking without a front end, (WZ's idea of kool)  ran strong all night and went to the final where he red lighted in the final, so congrats hooley for the great first race... we do it again on may 3d... for those who want to see pics go to my website www.woodardracingandhotrods.com in the forum under tvrp races  or directly to the race track at www.okthunder.com under gasser pics, they have 180 pics of us all ...

The front is on the car now.  I buffed it yesterday and I will polish it today.  If I get everything done early enough, I will roll it out for a picture.   I am anxious to see it run.  I understand Hooley does a pretty good smokin burnout.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Very very cool pictures.  It sure looks like you guys had fun. 8)
George

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"Well we made it to the races the 12th,  the Willys had never been out and wouldnt go straight for anything , plenty of horsepower.  Hooley on the other hand even though goofy looking without a front end, (WZ's idea of kool)  ran strong all night and went to the final where he red lighted in the final, so congrats hooley for the great first race... we do it again on may 3d... for those who want to see pics go to my website www.woodardracingandhotrods.com in the forum under tvrp races  or directly to the race track at www.okthunder.com under gasser pics, they have 180 pics of us all ...

The front is on the car now.  I buffed it yesterday and I will polish it today.  If I get everything done early enough, I will roll it out for a picture.   I am anxious to see it run.  I understand Hooley does a pretty good smokin burnout.

John

All I had to do was sprinkle some salt in his shoes and he was good to go.............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

river1

Quote from: "dragrcr50"All I had to do was sprinkle some salt in his shoes and he was good to go.............

OMG is he all right?

how many spins did he do?

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Hooley

Jim, No spins and didn't run out of gas, either. This drag racing is a lot of fun.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Sure looks good!!!!

Hooley, when you get tired of it, you can store it up here in dry Montana, you won't have to worry about rust.  You might have to replace some tires though. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Hooley

Thanks for the offer ,Doug. I have too many cars setting outside now and  I need to fix that problem,too.  This is the first I have seen the car outside with the front painted. John it does look good.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Hooley"Thanks for the offer ,Doug. I have too many cars setting outside now and  I need to fix that problem,too.  This is the first I have seen the car outside with the front painted. John it does look good.

Hooley

looks pretty good hooley, sits just right now...............switching my axle to a straight tube this weekend  should go straight then..........sam