Car club plaques

Started by Uncle Bob, April 05, 2008, 09:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Bob

Thought I'd post up this site link.  Pretty good listing and photo log of plaques based on geographical location:  http://www.relicsandrods.com/carclubplaques.htm
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Inprimer

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Thought I'd post up this site link.  Pretty good listing and photo log of plaques based on geographical location:  http://www.relicsandrods.com/carclubplaques.htm
The man's name is Bill, nicest guy you 'd want to meet, also check out the "Run to the Sun" I did and ended moving there... Lake Havasu AZ

threefive

bill is a good guy...every time i make a new plaque i send it to him and he posts it right away.

phat rat

yep and mines on there
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

threefive

i've posted probably 18 to 20 plaques and although it's not a big part of our business i would like to know who has and where they got them made. i know the topster guy collects them and gets them from e-bay and swap meets but i'm more concerned with who has them manufactured, cast or machined.

Inprimer

Quote from: "threefive"i've posted probably 18 to 20 plaques and although it's not a big part of our business i would like to know who has and where they got them made. i know the topster guy collects them and gets them from e-bay and swap meets but i'm more concerned with who has them manufactured, cast or machined.
Obrien's trucking has hundreds of molds just google it

phat rat

Mine was made for the club I belonged to that out of existence in the late 60's
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Topsterguy

There's a guy in CA, Lynwood I believe, named Stan Cherski who makes plaques at his foundry too, and he collects them as well. Really good guy and been into hot rodding and making plaques for LOTS of years. R&C did an article on him a few years ago titled "the Plaque Man", and he's got a few thousand plaques on the walls of his shop. He'll also trade and sell plaques , and the chance he's got one you want will be pretty good.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"