Spring is in the air and us old bikers are in the...

Started by Jbird, April 05, 2008, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

....way. I went for a canyon ride this afternoon on the old CB750. Just cruised up the American river canyon at a comfortable pace. In my rear view mirror I spied another bike coming up behind me. I held my place in the lane to let him pass. I'd only seen the one bike but in a flash, five screaming crotch rockets blew by me like I was parked. In the olden days I would have tried to chase them down but I'm wiser now and heal much slower. About forty-five minutes and a chunk of miles later I pass these same five guys as they're pulling back on to the main road from a side street. They blow by me again but this time the road is straight and wide so I keep up with them. We're getting close to an intersection and the traffic light turns yellow. The lead bike does one of those front wheel stands like you see on Speed. I was pretty impressed, when the light changed three of the bikes did wheel stands and the guy directly in front of me did a smokey burn out. I took off a bit more aggressive than normal but lightened up when I reached the speed limit. The crotch rockets motored away with a Benz convertable in hot pursuit. It wasn't a quarter of a mile later I spied some flashing red and blue lights in my mirrors. I pulled over and a CHP whizzed past in hotter pursuit. This cop must have been a sheep dog in a past life. In less than a mile he corraled five crotch rockets and one speeding Benz convertable. I half expected him to wave me over as I slunk past him and his crowd of evil doers, you know, guilt by association. Sometimes it pays to be an old guy and ride an old bike.  
  Jbird8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

msuguydon

Quote from: "Jbird".... I'd only seen the one bike but in a flash, five screaming crotch rockets blew by me like I was parked.    Jbird8)

Cap'n i'm giving y all she's got!

I imagine Jbird looking something like this on that scooter of his!  :lol:

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dons on a roll this weekend..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

kool story....  :)  I would still like to buy another CB 750 , probably will not.

On my way back towards the house last weekend I passed this fellow on a V-twin bike (no helmet).  I had the cruise control set at 80+ mph on the 1800.

As I passed him I thought; 'wow , weird beard / mustache" .....  :? , actually it was his cheek & jaw  skin flopping around.  Another reason for old guys to wear a full face helmet.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"kool story....  :)  I would still like to buy another CB 750 , probably will not.

On my way back towards the house last weekend I passed this fellow on a V-twin bike (no helmet).  I had the cruise control set at 80+ mph on the 1800.

As I passed him I thought; 'wow , weird beard / mustache" .....  :? , actually it was his cheek & jaw  skin flopping around.  Another reason for old guys to wear a full face helmet.  :shock:

now ya know why i have a beard...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"kool story....  :)  I would still like to buy another CB 750 , probably will not.

needs a trim as I recall ....  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

needs a trim as I recall ....  :shock:

i'll go ask my wife if i can get some trim...... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Jbird

Quote from: "msuguydon"
I imagine Jbird looking something like this on that scooter of his!  :lol:

Come on Don, fess up. That's really a picture of you and your prom date/ sister on your way to the prom. The funny thing is....she's driving....

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

msuguydon

Jbird:

You know that could not be my female date driving, that Ferengi has clothes on.. :P  by the way my wife says....

"LOOK AT THE LOBES ON THAT GUY!"

You have to admit, it's a funny picture!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart