R-134 Gauges

Started by Learpilot, April 02, 2008, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

I just got from HF a new R-134 A/C gauge set. It looks good, but I now have a problem. My old R-12 vacuum pump has the small standard fitting on it. The yellow hose on my gauge set has the new larger fitting for the 134 filler valve.
Does anybody know where I can get a fitting to adapt the vacuum pump to the yellow hose ?
Thanks for your info !!!

348tripower

Quote from: "Learpilot"I just got from HF a new R-134 A/C gauge set. It looks good, but I now have a problem. My old R-12 vacuum pump has the small standard fitting on it. The yellow hose on my gauge set has the new larger fitting for the 134 filler valve.
Does anybody know where I can get a fitting to adapt the vacuum pump to the yellow hose ?
Thanks for your info !!!

Search any of the online AC suppliers. That is a common fitting that most sell. I had to buy one myself.
Don
Don Colliau

enjenjo

I had to do the same. I installed a -4 T on my vacuum pump, with the adapter on one side, and a cap for each one. So I don't have to change fittings to switch back and forth, just remove the right cap.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

I found an adaptor from a local a/c supply house. It is part number CD2012 Acme Coupler made by C&D Valve Mfg. Co.  P.O. Box 13250, Oklahoma  City, OK 73113-1250. It cost $7.45.
Thanks,
Rick