frame progress

Started by moose, April 01, 2008, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Beeen making slow progress on my coupe frame. Boxing is done starting on the X members. Made my own ladder bars just because. Also I wanted bushing ends instead of clevises.....

Charlie Chops 1940

Very nice Tim. Fun, huh?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

moose

Thanks Charlie. YEP lots of fun and a great learning experience as well. Boxing plates were all TIGed. Not as hard as I figures to do the overhead welds.....

kb426

Looks good so far. I used bushings in all my stuff also.
TEAM SMART

Beck

I like your green welds, supprised that holds. As big of a cluts as I am I would knock the tubes out while working around it.
Looks good!

Dave

rumrumm

That's a good looking frame, Tim. Nice work!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

sirstude

Really looks good, like the tubing crossmembers.  

Also the "Green" TIG welding looks good  :lol:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

moose

Thanks for the props everyone. As for the "green" welds I was a little concerned at first but figure a couple more wraps should do it! LOL

tape really is a good extra set of hands for those of us that usually work alone. Allowed me to mock  upo before Iwelded them in to make sure I liked the placement and looks.

Tim

sirstude

Quote from: "moose"Thanks for the props everyone. As for the "green" welds I was a little concerned at first but figure a couple more wraps should do it! LOL

tape really is a good extra set of hands for those of us that usually work alone. Allowed me to mock  upo before Iwelded them in to make sure I liked the placement and looks.

Tim

I hate to tell you how many rolls of tape I go through. never seem to have any help around here either.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Welder Series