Ron Francis Wire

Started by enjenjo, March 25, 2008, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

As some of you know, I am not a big Ron Francis fan, I feel the harness are too complicated. Be that as it may, This 36 Ford I am doing now came with a Francis harness. It was bought in 99 by another party, and the instructions were lost. I called, gave them the serial number off the panel. They asked a few questions, and sent me new intructions, and several small parts that were needed because of parts that were changed, at no cost. I though that was pretty good for a 10 year old purchase.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I gotta agree..... a stand up thing to do .

);b(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

That's good to here. Maybe the new owner listen to his customers. I had occasion to ask for similar info 10-12 years ago and ran flat into a brick wall. Never bought another piece of Ron Francis wire products.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

You guys remember the fuse box fire I had in Big Olds in June of 2002, I think it was?  Anyway I had a bunch of burnt wires and stuff, called Ron Francis, gave him the serial number, which was very old, they still sent out all the color coded wires I needed....at no charge.  They probably sent enough to do a whole another car.  I still have rolls of colored wire in the cupboard in the garage.  I was very pleased with their customer service.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

crdnblu

My experience has been Positive+ with/ Ron Francis, as well.  I'd purchased a complete AP-97 panel kit for a ford van, off of EBay, a couple of years ago.  Ron Francis re-registered it in my name, added the items that I'd bought from them years b/4, then gave me the GM column adaptors to match my configuration.  I was pleased.....

Topsterguy

I've used his panels on 4-5 cars now and think they're great. I use them cuz wiring scares the %^&^  outa me, and I think they're about the eaiest to use, and the customer service has been great.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

papastoyss

I have used his panel kits on 3 cars I've built from ground up & were pleased with the results. BTW hey Enjenjo  , how did the Howell EFI harness work out that you posted about a few months back?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

It worked fine. It was not for a novice to install, but the support was great. For the most part there was plenty of wire. The instructions are minimal, the trouble shooting guide was good.

Crosley.In.AZ

I received * poor tech help from Howell when I had the EFI 4 barrel setup on my ZZ4 in my 71 chev truck... till my last phone call.

This guy tried to help any way he could, asking me if a new chip had been burned and sent to me (not offered till then).  I read off the list I had of my phone calls and whom I spoke with each time I called for help.

My mind was made up and I sent the complete EFI  setup back to them for a refund.

:T)

Who owns the Ron Francis wire  business now?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteWho owns the Ron Francis wire business now?

His son in law.

Roadstar

I also had to call Ron Francis on a wiring panel in a customers truck I was redoing. The colors they use are not what I am used to, most kits follow standard GM color codes but RF makes his own colors for whatever reason.

They tech guy was very helpfull and friendly. But I would use almost any other kit out there before I would use one of his. Just my personal preferance.

Dave

Well my nickel.. Ive never used the Francis kits for the price.. Most of the kits ive used were under 175.00 and worked fine.. I can read a schematic and im versed in electronics and electricity and untill i did my 34 I made all my harnesses.. Then I got a lil lazy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. Ive never done an efi or computer controlled car but im certainly not afraid to cause like i said i can read a schematic. In my line of work if no one can produce a schematic the harder it is to do my job.. But then there is the occasional challenge  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow: