Vicky windshields ?

Started by rx4ord, March 13, 2008, 08:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx4ord

I need info advice about 31 Vicky windshield/windshields. I have a 31 closed car and wondered if they had only one style or were there more than one. They are referred to as slant windshields by suppliers and I need to know as I want to purchase a new one. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

Deuce

Quote from: "rx4ord"I need info advice about 31 Vicky windshield/windshields. I have a 31 closed car and wondered if they had only one style or were there more than one.

When dealing with Model A's ... especially ones from across the pond, who KNOWS ?
But, I could see where the Victorias could be classified as a slant window sedan
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Charlie Chops 1940

I Had a 31 Vic back in the late 70's/early 80's. I bought a new aluminum repop windshield from one of the model A suppliers. I fir nice and polished up good. I don't know whether it was unique to the Vic and/or slant window 4 doors. The slant looks about the same but I suspect the Vic is shorter than the sedan.

Have you looked at Mac's for instance?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Mac's shows a screen P/N A45410E as fitting both body styles. $180 +.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

rx4ord

So I think I have gathered that there is only one windshield. I am looking at an aluminum one for $165. Looks to be a good deal. Dave

GPster

To relay a little information (that was told to me). A lot of people refer to the slant windshield "A"s as '31 1/2s. It seems that '32 Fords were released a little late because of the new engine and they realized it was going to happen. To keep from losing the rush of people to by new cars they came out with an up-graded "A" and it had the slant windshield to appear new. Now I was told this by a man at a Rod Run registration that insisted I register his car as a '31 1/2. If I remember his was a rodded 4dr sedan with a slant windshield. I kind of believed him because he seemed to know his way around cars. He was an upolsterer and at one time built a '34 Ford sedan to go to Cobo trying for the "Riddler" It had a widened body and a lot of pieces in the undercarriage were made of stainless steel. Like a wider (for the tread width) 9" rear end housing. GPster

rx4ord

By the way,thanks for the pics. Any one got some of a Hiboy version or a salt lakes one ? Just having some thoughts on build style. Dave