need a welder

Started by papastoyss, March 07, 2008, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ive got a century and the tip is set back and ive used a Lincoln that wasnt and i hated it.. I couldnt get used to using it and kept burning the wire into the tip  :?:  :?:  :?: These is an easier way Fuzzy.. Buy a glass car  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ive got a century and the tip is set back and ive used a Lincoln that wasnt and i hated it.. I couldnt get used to using it and kept burning the wire into the tip  :?:  :?:  :?: These is an easier way Fuzzy.. Buy a glass car  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I got one for sale to....try some lincoln wire, i guarantee it will work... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Fuzzy

Well,I went back to the Lincoln,same wire,same bottle,same area of the car(top chop tackwelds)--------no problemo. :) I've got a spool of Hobart .030 to put back in the Miller.If it's ok,I'll probably do what I thought about doing when I bought the Miller.I'll leave the .023 in the Lincoln for sheetmetal,and run .030 in the Miller for heavier work. :idea:
One more thing I forgot to mention earlier.When I tried the .023 in the Miller,it left a large(nickle size)brown smoke spot at each weld,compared to much smaller than dime size for the Lincoln.The Miller has an adjustable regulator for gas.Manual said 20 psi,that's where I had it set with the trigger pulled.The Lincoln is not adjustable.Have a nice day and thank-you for your support!

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Fuzzy

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ive got a century and the tip is set back and ive used a Lincoln that wasnt and i hated it.. I couldnt get used to using it and kept burning the wire into the tip  :?:  :?:  :?: These is an easier way Fuzzy.. Buy a glass car  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh yeah Dave I almost forgot. :roll:  :roll: GLASS :shock:  :shock: There's no place in my garage for glass or billet  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Bugpac

gas is adjustable, turn it down to about 12...If your inside, see what that does for ya, onece you can get a bead going...

The largest variable you are seeing is the power, your weldpack is not putting out nearly the power when your striking the arc...you can have heat settings the same etc etc, it still will not be the same running off 110...You should be able to run .30 on sheet metal easily...

Fuzzy

Quote from: "Bugpac"gas is adjustable, turn it down to about 12...If your inside, see what that does for ya, onece you can get a bead going...

The largest variable you are seeing is the power, your weldpack is not putting out nearly the power when your striking the arc...you can have heat settings the same etc etc, it still will not be the same running off 110...You should be able to run .30 on sheet metal easily...

Yep,I'll try that tomorrow after *-----it's snowing again!!  :evil:

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Bugpac

Fuzzy

Quote from: "Bugpac"Any good word?

No,not yet.A friend called and needed some work done on her truck,so I haven't had a chance to try it again.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

crdnblu

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned HTP.  Great products & support, high value, plus fast shipping to your door.  Here's a link for their 160 amp, 220 volt MIG welder.  If you'll be traveling w/ the welder, you might be interested in their dual-voltage model:

http://www.htpweld.com/products/mig_welders/mig_160.html

jimcaf

Im a fan of the hobart,I have a big lincoln a WIRE MATIC 250 it welds good but not as smooth and stable as the hobarts,,i have a handler135 and a handler 175,seem to be the best bang for the buck,what got me to buy my first hobart was a friend of mine worked for a fence and gate bisiness and they had a small hobart mig on one of the flatbeds for years,he said it wasnt put away and fell off the truck so many times it was no longer rectangular shaped he said it was closer to round and even at that it never missed a beat,,seem to be the best bang for the buck as far as the amperage goes too,,,http://cyberweld.com/ had the best deal on the last i looked,,,jim

river1

FYI miller and hobart are owned and made by ILLINIOS TOOL WORKS

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.