nibbler and shear,factoids needed

Started by 31suv, March 13, 2008, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

31suv

Any suggestion's on air vs power or name brand vs horrible frieght? I will mostly be cutting 16-18 guage flat stock cold roll. I know this is the go to site for info. Can anyone help ah brutha out.
Thank's
East Texas,the right side of Texas

EMSjunkie

How often do you plan on using it :?:

if it were me.......and I was only gonna use it occasionally........I wouldn't spend a ton, but then again, I wouldn't buy the cheapest either.

but.......if I was gonna do production work with it......I'd pop for the best.

but thats how we do things in the TOP of Texas 8)  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

This is the one I use.  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92148

Adjust the cutters when you get it and then use it like it is a throw away.  I have had one for several years with no complaints but I do not use it daily.  HF has several other sheetmetal tools that I use and recommend.  Grizzly tools are also good for the price you pay.  Do not expect Snapon quality for a cheap price. A lot of tools we use occasionally can be purchased from these import tool suppliers and they are good enough for a shop that does not do high volume work or one that has several employees.  

Note that this information comes from a guy whose shop who has more stools and chairs than hand tools.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.