ID this trim?

Started by unkamort, May 23, 2008, 11:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unkamort

Attached is a pic of a pair of pin retainer/upostery protectors I pulled out of my truck after a pass under the wire wheel. I know that they are not original to the truck, they are actually too big in the center for the door handle and window crank, but I think I could work with them. Question is... What did they come off of? They are spring loaded, with the center 'dome' part retracting into the ribbed base. Any help? EDIT... I need two more
Edit2... looks like I can't post a pic here

enjenjo

Email me a picture, and I'll post it. What brand truck?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

this is probably the replacement spring for the door and window crank panel protectors

from auveco...    the people who put great trim stuff in littile green boxes...

dorman has this Escutcheon assortment  from motormite

#76981    Assortment contains two of each of the following sizes: 2" OD - .715 ID, 2" OD - .770 ID, 1 3/4" - .650 ID, fits large and small spline

but they look thin........

wayne

unkamort

enjenjo

sent you a PM about picture posting.

enjenjo

This is the part he needs

wvcab

what make and year of truck?

i have 6 or 7 for 48 - 52  fords

wayne petty

item 26 on this link

http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/FA/full.aspx?Page=13

looks like they are almost 10 coconuts each new not sure if that is the exact same thing...

unkamort

Quote from: "wvcab"what make and year of truck?

i have 6 or 7 for 48 - 52  fords

They came off of a '38 Ford pick-up, but I'm sure they are not OE for the unit. The originals would have been a more or less dome shape piece of bakelite, with a seperate spring between the garnish and the metal door panel. The ones pictured above have the spring inside, and are sealed on the back. There are no visible manufactures markings.

"item 26 on this link "

Tough to tell from that photo. But thanks for the link!

Kustm52

Look like '49 or '50 Mercury.. or Lincoln?

Brian