Autorama Story

Started by Fift4fe, March 08, 2008, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fift4fe

If your attending Autorama check out the Cavalcade of Customs display especially the lime green caddy and his two buddies.

Chuck Miller who organizes the display was in Kansas last year and attended a car show and started talking to a few people about the Autorama.  He liked the caddy and invited the guy, who lived in Colorado to display the car at this years Autorama.  The guy introduced Chuck to two of his buddies who also had nice custom cars.  Chuck ended up asking all three to attend the show.  They all agreed

About a week before the show Chuck received a call from the guy who said that they had made arrangements to trailer the cars on a three car hauler to Autorama but the truck that was hauling the trailer broke so they were trying to make other arrangements.

Chuck thought the worst, that he would be three cars short for the display.  The guy called back the next day and said that they were all set and would be there.  Chuck asked if they found another truck?  They said no, and Chuck figured they would each trailer their own vehicles to the show.

When questioned further they stated no problem, they were going to drive the cars from Colorado.  They left and ran into the storm that we had here last week with no major problems except for the snow, sleet, rain, salt, etc.

That's a committment.

Stop by and say hello to the guys from Colorado
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

phat46

WOW, I saw those yesterday and they are spactacular cars. I can't believe they were driven through a storm, the cleaning must have been an ordeal. I can only imagine the looks they got on the roads!!!  :shock:  I was with a friend who's not really a car guy and we were admiring the paint on the Caddy, I told my friend that is probably the hardest paint to get even on a car, especially one that size!!!

freddrew

There were vehicles of every kind at the show.  The main floor was filled with Rods, Classics, Customs, Racers and Bikes.  There was even a large display of bicycles.   The Rat Rods and Tuners down stairs formed a show of their own.  Something for everyone.  When you add in meeting up with friends at the show, LIFE IS GOOD!!!  Sorry I missed seeing you Joe.
Fred
Fred

39deluxe

All of my friends that usually come to Detroit with me have bailed this year but I'm coming up tomorrow if I have to drive alone.  I'll be looking for those customs.

Tom

timkins

I was there on Friday and Saturday but did not see the cars. Do you have any photo's? Maybe I will remeber them from a picture.