gas

Started by Bob C, March 01, 2008, 02:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "39deluxe"The new hybrid '08 Chevy Tahoe and '09 half ton pickups turn in some great mpg numbers for the guys that need bigger vehicles. You don't always have to look at foriegn manufacturers. Keep in mind that the Chevy Volt is due out before too long too. American manufacturers are working on this problem even if they don't get the good press.

I'm fortunate that the closest station to me and the one I stop at going to work is a Sunoco. I worked at Sunoco when I was a kid and always have been brand loyal to them. Around here prices are the same for brands and off brand stations; maybe a penny different sometimes. When Sunoco became the fuel of NASCAR I was very happy.

Tom

yeah BUT, i'd have a really hard time trading in a paid for truck for 40-50K worth of payments.....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat rat

Quote from: "39deluxe"The new hybrid '08 Chevy Tahoe and '09 half ton pickups turn in some great mpg numbers for the guys that need bigger vehicles. You don't always have to look at foriegn manufacturers. Keep in mind that the Chevy Volt is due out before too long too. American manufacturers are working on this problem even if they don't get the good press.

I'm fortunate that the closest station to me and the one I stop at going to work is a Sunoco. I worked at Sunoco when I was a kid and always have been brand loyal to them. Around here prices are the same for brands and off brand stations; maybe a penny different sometimes. When Sunoco became the fuel of NASCAR I was very happy.

Tom

Just went and looked at the mpg rating on the Tahoe hybrid. 2 whl drive 22 highway 4 X 4 20 highway. I don't see anything super spectacular about those ratings. Are they better than my 02 HD w/496? Yes but they won't do the job of hauling a load.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "phat rat"

Tom

Just went and looked at the mpg rating on the Tahoe hybrid. 2 whl drive 22 highway 4 X 4 20 highway. I don't see anything super spectacular about those ratings. Are they better than my 02 HD w/496? Yes but they won't do the job of hauling a load.

THAT'S IT!?!?

i'll bet ya feel real "green" in it though....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

If i drive my colorado 64 mph i get 23 mpg.. I just dont drive it that much anymore but as luck would have it sue and i are taking separate vehicles tomorrow and after filling her car yesterday i remembered my truck needs gas too  :lol:  :lol: Perfect.......... She cut my weekly allowance by 20 bucks cause were riding together but now i have to fill both.. sumpin aint right here..
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

My '07 Trailblazer 4.2 6 cyl will get 22/23 on cruise at 65-70. Hooked on the 7X16 box this morning to haul the track roadster to Cobo Hall and was it 14.1 per gal when we dropped of the Lodge freeway in the big city.  Cruise at about 63 most of the way. Driving style has a lot to do with the numbers on this rig. Cruise control at 55 will yield 25/26. Doesn't seem to care about gas quality.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

CQQL33

http://www.aarp.org/community/evd/video/Water_Fuel/1776

Check out the above linc......I feel very strongly that this is the answer.   But I also feel that we (everybody) will have to build their own.....unless the big companies can find a way to make us pay more for our water.   I have seen two versions, one with salt water and this one with plain water.  What da ya think....?

river1

Quote from: "CQQL33"http://www.aarp.org/community/evd/video/Water_Fuel/1776

Check out the above linc......I feel very strongly that this is the answer.   But I also feel that we (everybody) will have to build their own.....unless the big companies can find a way to make us pay more for our water.   I have seen two versions, one with salt water and this one with plain water.  What da ya think....?

well since i can live without gas but can NOT live without water, i don't like that idea. since most of the US is in the midst of a multi-year drought right now i don't like it even more. using water or food (corn) for fuel is a bad idea IMHO. wheat products are up in price this year because the farmers are switching to corn. imagine the cost of food if we use all the water for fuel.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "CQQL33"http://www.aarp.org/community/evd/video/Water_Fuel/1776

well since i can live without gas but can NOT live without water, i don't like that idea. since most of the US is in the midst of a multi-year drought right now i don't like it even more. using water or food (corn) for fuel is a bad idea IMHO. wheat products are up in price this year because the farmers are switching to corn. imagine the cost of food if we use all the water for fuel.

later jim

Amen!
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.