Ahhhh Winter ..

Started by Dave, March 01, 2008, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I just love this time of year .. We woke up yesterday to a few inches of snow.
Sure was pretty .. Im glad it snowed more last night too cause they plowed the road and it looks better with another few inches of snow on it.. The wind picked up last night and it got cold but thats what its all about isnt it :?:
We have the grand daughter this weekend so today maybe ill take her outside and we will build a snow man .. Heck with working on the car cause it looks like its gonna snow till the end of god * may this year  :evil: After the kid leaves tomorrow i can grab my shot gun and go out and blow the nice snow man right to hell  :twisted:  :twisted: Ya winter so pretty i could puke..
Thanks for listening..
Love
Dave :x

phat46

:lol:  I hear ya Dave. I like winter, but I've had enough, just like every year,  at some point I get tired of it. The same can be said for me regarding hot weather too. At some point enough is enough. Spring is just around the cornerand once the sloppy part is over it's a great time. I love to see the trees coming back and the grass turning green, but that can't happen unless you go through winter.  I think today I'll go out to the shop and start both rods and clean things up a little just for a little encouragement to myself.

Bugpac

We have set an all time record February snow fall. 27+ inches...Ya i know some guys get that each week... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Jbird

I feel your pain, it only got up to 68* yesterday. I had to wear my jacket, my driving gloves and my winter tinted sunglasses when I took the bike out for a spin. Thank goodness my helmet has built in ear muffins, at 60mph the wind chill is like, 65 or something.

Didn't you guys pay your spring bill? Out here on the leftcoast we pay ours online so spring is never late. I think it starts on March the third this year, here come the bikinis.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

EMSjunkie

Mid 70's here, but a bit windy.......40 50 mph :shock:

Vance

p.s.   we've had about 6" of total snowfall this year :D
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

70's here yesterday and today.  Calling for heavy rain tonight, snow and sleet through the day tomorrow and the 4 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow night.  We get all 4 seasons of the year in just a couple of days.

Come on Spring.  Just one month to NSRA OKC.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Well, Dave, you ought to be happy. A front has moved in and it started snowing lightly with about 45mph wind.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"Well, Dave, you ought to be happy. A front has moved in and it started snowing lightly with about 45mph wind.

We are supposed to get snow after 10 PM cst.
the Weather Nerds are calling for blizzard and white-out conditions tomorrow morning, winds around 40-50 MPH :x

guess I better get out the long handles, and get ready to go pull the idiots off of I-40 in the morning :twisted:  :twisted:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "kb426"Well, Dave, you ought to be happy. A front has moved in and it started snowing lightly with about 45mph wind.

We are supposed to get snow after 10 PM cst.
the Weather Nerds are calling for blizzard and white-out conditions tomorrow morning, winds around 40-50 MPH :x

guess I better get out the long handles, and get ready to go pull the idiots off of I-40 in the morning :twisted:  :twisted:

Vance

Of course, when speaking about winter, one must remember that there are different scientific interpretations of winter.

SOLAR: The SOLAR winter includes Nov., Dec., and Jan. These are the days with the shortest duration of daylight hours.

METEOROLOGICAL: Dec., Jan., Feb. These are the months that feature the most wintry weather - from a meteorologist standpoint.

ASTRONOMICAL: Dec., Jan., Feb., and Mar. This is the period of time between the "winter solstice" in Dec., and the "vernal equinox" in Mar. when the seasons "officially" change from autumn to winter, and winter to spring.

MAINE: Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., Mar., and, oftentimes, part of Apr. No explaination necessary.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green