Harbor Freight lift table

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 02, 2008, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought the 1,000# Lift table from HF last weekend... with the decades of abuse my body has been through with lifting heavy items , I just simply can not do it any longer.  I can still lift the weight, but the recovery time is about 48 hours now... LOL

This sunday morning I bought 3 trasn cores..... I found them on craigs list.  Bought a airless paint sprayer at Lowes. Need to paint the shop and house exterior.

As with many HF equipment.... you have to adjust , repair , tighten parts.... the wheels were loose, one swivel wheel was full of metal trash, looked like weld slag.  Table works great , rolls easy now.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I'm going to buy one when I have the truck in a town with a store. Usually, I'm on a cycle.
TEAM SMART

Leon

I bought one a couple years ago and can't see how I worked without it.  When I rebuilt the AOD I used my chain hoist to lift it onto the lift table, rolled it into the clean room, and used the lift table to bring it up to the level of the wet bench so I could just slide it off.  I can't lift stuff anymore and this table is really saving my back!

purplepickup

Tony, how high does that go?  My 4 post lift doesn't go up quite enough (9' ceiling) to clear a loaded transmission jack. I'm looking for something that goes high enough to slide a tranny into a car and give me working room but low enough to fit under my ramps when they're about 4' off the ground.

Like you all said, it would be handy for all kinds of stuff too.  Is that on sale in the stores?  The one on their site is $90 if it's item 94822.
George

wayne petty

i was thinking about posting this hydraulic hole punch

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96718

the ram seems to be hollow.. and looks a lot like the rocker arm stud puller ram that we used to use in the engine rebuilder...

might be handy for punching holes in things... and somebody handy with a lathe could make a set of flair dies that flair the hole after it has been punched..

wayne....  forward thinking...

31suv

[Bought one about 4 years ago,I lowered it,lengthen it,widened it and extended the foot pump and bolted on brackets to the top of it and mounted my model A body to it when I was doing the body work and paint.I was able to do almost all the preping for paint sitting in my rolling chair. And when painting,I could lower it shoot the roof,pump it up and shoot the sides while standing up.I have found that gitting older you learn to work smarter even if it takes more time. After I was finished I was able to put it back in it's stock position and use it for it's intended use.I plan on converting back when I do my 40 ford truck cab.One factoid I had to do was I had to make stop block's to keep it from bleeding down while the cylender was extended over a long period of time. I would send picture's but I cant figure out how to do that yet.
East Texas,the right side of Texas

Crosley.In.AZ

hi George.... table is about 34 inches high... 11 inches lowered.

Harbor freight offers two tables... a 500 & the 1000# unit. I bought the higher rated unit since the HF stuff can be a bit off sometimes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jbird

Who you gonna sucker into pumping the jack handle for ya,, ya lazy SOB.

Now I'm gonna have to make a trip to HF afore I drop the powertrain out of my 98 Eldo cash cow. Just last night I was envisioning building a roller table to set the Eldos subframe/powertrain assy on while I lifted the car offa it.  Thanks Tony,   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

papastoyss

While we're on the subject of Harbor Freight, there is a local outfit that sells store returns ,scratch &dent ,ect. They sell on ebay & have live auctions biweekly. Last Sat. I went to their sale & there were 3 sets of HF cheap wheel dollies that 1 or more casters had separated  where the swivel was crimped at the bearings. If I owned a set of these (I do) I would weld them where the swivel is crimped.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!