This morning where I live.

Started by sirstude, January 24, 2008, 01:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Sunrise over Helena 1/24 with freezing fog makes Helena appear on fire.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

beautiful pix Doug  8)

please keep the ice fog up north, would ya :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Ahh...that's cool Doug. 8)

My office window faces the east and I've seen some colorful sunrises here this winter too, but not as beautiful as that one.
George

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

NEAT photos.....Sometimes ya' just gotta stop--look--and enjoy.. :D  8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

neat photos! I was just wondering if you get sundogs in the northern states ? Maybe you call them something different but its when the sky is clear on a really cold day and the sun shines through ice crystals in the air. they make rainbow coloured 'brackets' or () quite a distance from either side of the sun.

sirstude

Quote from: "chimp koose"neat photos! I was just wondering if you get sundogs in the northern states ? Maybe you call them something different but its when the sky is clear on a really cold day and the sun shines through ice crystals in the air. they make rainbow coloured 'brackets' or () quite a distance from either side of the sun.

I have never heard them called that, but I have seen that on occasion.  The issue is that it is so dry up here, there is not much moisture to make the ice crystals.  Get down near Yellowstone in the winter though, you will see that a lot.  Lots of moisture and cold down there.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Doug a few weeks ago i had to run to UPS to get a package and it was bitter cold and a clear sky and when i headed towards town it looked like down town was ablaze  :?: .. Once i figured out what was going on i wished id had my camera..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

sirstude

At the time that picture was taken, it was 24 below zero.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

39deluxe

What's that big round thing in the sky?  We don't have that here in NW Ohio. Just clouds and snow.

Tom

Choptop

That's beautiful !  Thanks for sharing.  
Life's good.
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !