weekend pics so you don't think I quit working

Started by kb426, January 26, 2008, 05:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I didn't wash it. I was to busy driving it. I still have some fuel delivery problems with the engine. The speedo quit working already. The glass man took today off so I have no door glasses yet. I didn't have to walk home though. :lol:
The steering wheel is my home made corvette knock=off.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Looks good Bill.... 8)   You guys don't have any snow  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

geeze bill thats great.. its cold here and been snowing all day and you got sunshine :?:  you suck..
Ha ha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

It got up to 58 today. Tomorrow's supposed to be 63. The bikes are all coming out and the vehicles will get washed. If there is still time, the 32 will go visit all the neighborhoods with pretty girls.  :lol:  :lol:
TEAM SMART

CQQL33

That "hand made" wheel is fantastic.    That looks better than all of the standard run of the mill stearing wheels that are available today.   I love it.    What did you use on the covering for the rim ??   Again, it looks great.

Rich  :D  :D  :D

kb426

Rich, after buying several replacement vette wheels and finding out they were egg shaped, I started looking elsewhere. That wheel is a Speedway Motors 17" circle track unit. I cut the center out and went to work. I think the Speedway wheel was $39. The vette wheels were pricey.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Quote from: "kb426"That wheel is a Speedway Motors 17" circle track unit. I cut the center out and went to work. I think the Speedway wheel was $39.
Did you buy it as a clearance item? I have one of those wheels that I gave $65.00 for. I bought it before I started driving again with the idea that the increased diameter would give me some extra help in steering. When I got to drive the truck project accross the street in preparation for the second flood I found that the increased diameter makes you have to move your arms faster, faster than I'm capable of. That changed the Jeepster's design to less engine and more power (steering and brakes). Now that steering wheel is sitting on the top of the shelves as a reminder of one more dumb idea. I've got an adapter to use it on the modified Ford "tilt" column that was another bad idea.  Glad to see an idea when it works (even if it's for someone else). GPster

kb426

GPster, I pulled the invoice in case my memory failed again. $39 back in August, You brought up an interesting point with the speed of operation. I guess I have one more thing to look forward to as time passes. I bought the 17 for easy steering also.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Quote from: "kb426"GPster, I pulled the invoice in case my memory failed again. $39 back in August, You brought up an interesting point with the speed of operation. I guess I have one more thing to look forward to as time passes. I bought the 17 for easy steering also.
Because the circumference is 3.1416 times the diameter you have 7" inches of wheel to move to make one steering wheel revolution with a 17" wheel than you do for a 15" wheel. Plus you have to cover that distance faster and on a different arc to accomplish the same turn. Plus my mind (what there is left of it) is soooooo far from my finger tips. Another solution I had thought about was to stay with handle bars and only one wheel that steers. I'd more than likely just fall over. GPster

EMSjunkie

Looks like a keeper to me Bill 8)

nice work, I like the steering wheel too.

I've had my coupe out yesterday and today. about 65* yesterday, close to 70* today, but the wind is blowing about 20 mph :x

keep the pix coming, I think yer gettin' to them Michigan boys :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****