Runningboard covers over fiberglas.

Started by CruZer, January 16, 2008, 11:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CruZer

I apologise if this has been answered before or is a dumb question,but here goes:
I have a Gibbons fiberglas roadster with smooth running boards and I want to know if I can put the rubber covers over the glas w/o clearance problems. Those boards seem to fit pretty tight against the fenders and I'm wondering if there is enough clearance to get the boards back on once I've put the rubber covers on them.
If so, can anyone offer advice on what to be careful about?
Thanks in advance,Glenn.

Dave

Quote from: "CruZer"I apologise if this has been answered before or is a dumb question,but here goes:
I have a Gibbons fiberglas roadster with smooth running boards and I want to know if I can put the rubber covers over the glas w/o clearance problems. Those boards seem to fit pretty tight against the fenders and I'm wondering if there is enough clearance to get the boards back on once I've put the rubber covers on them.
If so, can anyone offer advice on what to be careful about?
Thanks in advance,Glenn.

ive seen it done but i cant help on the clearance issue.
Dave

enjenjo

Ive done it in the past with no problems, but not on Gibbons boards. The covers are pretty thin on the ends, 1/8" or so.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

I would guess that if you just build up the glass on the back side of the ends, you could then grind down the ends for clearance and still have enough board to bolt it back on.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us