TPI Gauges

Started by Topsterguy, December 19, 2007, 12:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Anyone know anything about TPI gauges? Good, bad, whatever? Apparently the owner started Dolphin gauges, sold that to his brother awhile back, and started TPI gauges.  One set they sell are two big gauges, 4 3/8", with the speedo as one and the other 4 ( oil, water, gas, volts) in the other. They look pretty cool, but are they good?????  Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

I installed one set so far. they seem to work good, and the owner is happy with them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dusty

I bought a car that had TPI Gauges in it and they had been installed about 4 years when I got the car.  When I finally got everything rolling, The spedometer would not work.  I checked out the sending unit and it was putting out, so I called the factory in Fla, and in 3 days I had a new Speedometer..

He didn't need the old one in return, all he needed was my address and the style...When I told him the style, he said I had one that was at least 10 years old, and the new one would be different because the needle would be red instead of black.  The Guy is looking to build a reputation...I have since purchased a tach to go with the above set, and another complete 6 gauge set for another project....I don't have any complaints...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Topsterguy

Thanks guys! I've used SW wings ones in my last 2-3 cars and these seem like they'd look cool in my 40 PU. Y'never know tho - hadn't heard of them.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Thanks guys! I've used SW wings ones in my last 2-3 cars and these seem like they'd look cool in my 40 PU. Y'never know tho - hadn't heard of them.

I bought the 3 3/8" quad ones - should fit nicely in the stock 40 pickup gauge panel bezel.

dougrods

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Anyone know anything about TPI gauges? Good, bad, whatever? Apparently the owner started Dolphin gauges, sold that to his brother awhile back, and started TPI gauges.  One set they sell are two big gauges, 4 3/8", with the speedo as one and the other 4 ( oil, water, gas, volts) in the other. They look pretty cool, but are they good?????  Thanks!

TPI tech gauges were NEVER involved with Dolphin Gauges. TPI gauges are made by Faria, and dolphin gauges are made in Taiwan. The owners are brothers, who do not see eye to eye, too say the least.

dougrods

Also, Dolphin gauges and ez wiring on e-bay sold as (oldnew parts)