62 BUICK Front qtr Vent windows.

Started by 38HAULR, December 26, 2007, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

38HAULR

Not so long ago I purchased a 62 Buick Special Convertible from one of your "reputable' dealers and imported it into Oz.To say the vehicle was misrepresented would be an understatement.[a quick coat of paint does wonders for photo shoots] Besides the rusted floorpans[that were supposed to be good]  ,both front qtr window frames have rusted to the extent that due to expansion/stress, the glass has also cracked. I have two choices,either get some local vehicle frames,cut/weld/rechrome/new glass cut.  Or try to scource some serviceable secondhand  items from the U.S.A.   If I am not mistaken these windows would be generic to Special/ Skylark /coupes/Sedans also.Any leads would be appreciated.      Frank.

MrMopar64

You might try these guys...... their alittle pricey but they got allot of stuff :wink:  http://www.oldautoparts.com/

Good Luck
MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

38HAULR

Thanks MM64.   I have emailed them.    Have a great New Year.....Frank.

38HAULR

No response from them,unless they have shut for the Chrismas Vacation?. Does  anybody have any other leads?.  These windows look the same as 63 Model also.     Thanks    Frank.

zzebby

There is an old junkyard out in the desert that I frequent and I "think" there is one of these old specials there.  Should be out there in about 2 weeks so, ping me about then and I'll try.

junkyardjeff

A local junkyard might have a couple and I should be going in a couple weeks to look for 8 inch center sections,are they all the same or will only 2 doors work.  Jeff

38HAULR

Thanks Jeff and zzebby,  The qtr vent windows look the same on the 62/63  special/skylark  across the range, convertible/coupe/sedan/wagon.........Frank.

enjenjo

Quote from: "38HAULR"Thanks Jeff and zzebby,  The qtr vent windows look the same on the 62/63  special/skylark  across the range, convertible/coupe/sedan/wagon.........Frank.

Olds F85 and Pontiac Tempest would be the same too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

38HAULR

Thanks enjenjo.  I gather that the GM "Compacts" used generic bits?........Frank.

enjenjo

Quote from: "38HAULR"Thanks enjenjo.  I gather that the GM "Compacts" used generic bits?........Frank.

Yes, they were all the same basic body. A Corvair may be the same too, although that was a different body.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.