Mastercylinder identification???

Started by Jbird, December 19, 2007, 01:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

The saga continues. I talked to Mico they want $250.00 for a replacement cylinder. I think they are crazy. They want $105.00 for a rebuild kit that may or may not work, this cylinder has been superceded.

I think it's time to upgrade to a regular automotive mastercylinder and a couple of residual pressure valves. Now I'm looking for suggestions. The car has four piston front calipers and two piston non floating rear calipers. I don't have room for a power booster. I'm thinking a smallbore dual reservoir M/C. Any suggestions???    Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

2rods

I just finished installing one of these. Very nice and being fully adjustable it works awesome. 29017948497 on Ebay. Here is alink to the master on their website. http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/MCPV-1/MCPV-1.htm

enjenjo

I'm thinking if you have a fork lift parts supplier nearby, you can get it much cheaper than from Mico.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Jbird"(I know the Team Smart guys are giggling about farm animals about now)

we NEVER giggle about our dates :oops:  :oops:

later jim

Ya i kinda frowned when i met your sister..
Dave :lol:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Jbird"(I know the Team Smart guys are giggling about farm animals about now)

we NEVER giggle about our dates :oops:  :oops:

later jim

Ya i kinda frowned when i met your sister..
Dave :lol:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  );b(  );b(  :P>

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

You have the pn off the old cylinder? I need to do a cross reference.

Jbird

wayne petty

ok...i am thinking that you are limited to space...

several thoughts....

there are a few smaller bore masters aht use a very simular 3 bolt mounting flange...    but those will be single system like you have...

i have not found any dual system masters with ththat 3 bolt flange.. but it is only a few holes to drill....the pdf file in a few megs...

i worry about having to reenginner the pedal ratios also...

additional off the wall thoughts...

87-88 tbird turbo coupes used a weird bosch antilock brake system that had a built in hydraulic pump and accumulator to hold volume of pressured fluid for the assist...

ok.. before all the shouting takes place... i know that there were over the top expencive...  i seem to recall that the masters unbolted from these and were a conventional flange...  so it might be possable to u just use the power unit and its pressure switches..  and the level switch from the fill cap on the master....

the mark 7's used a simular system..
i think i would stick with the tbird system..
next off the wall.. idea... i hope i dont run out of bricks...
i think i have the pressure side of a mark 7 system around here somewere... maybe it was just the fluid tank...

the next is a hydroboost system...

GPster

Why don't you use two of the Dodge truck master cylinders in that bracket and let the one pedal activate both of them? GPster

Jbird

I talked to Brizio junior again. He was quite amazed about the type M/C his old man used. He gave me the p/n of an early Corvette disc/disc M/C, the one they're using now a days. I'll have to modify the bracket or fab up an adaptor plate. The M/C should be here in the am, a couple of RPVs some squiggled up brake lines and we'll be rockin, well, at least till I get the rear calipers cleaned and inspected. My cost on the M/C is about 80 clameroonies.

I've met both of rivers sisters/girlfriends, Heffer was kinda cute but Elsie frightened me, two tone-two ton chicks'll do that to a guy.   Jbird 8)

enjenjo

Ok, it looks like a Mico MP03-021-459 will replace it. which is also a Clarklift CL909740.

On the Corvette master cylinder, there is an adapter available, ECI pn EC410 that will directly adapt the Vette cylinder to that mount you have.

Jbird

Thanks Frank, I'm glad the guy finally bent to my will and went with the upgrade. Actually his financial advisor/wife bent him for me. At least when his grand daughter does the next brake job she won't have to spend hours just figuring out what's in there.   Have a fun Festivus a merry Christmas a happy Hanaka a cool Kwanzaa  and an enjoyable whatever else I may have missed.    Jbird 8)

BTW Mico's replacement unit for 02 020 092 is p/n 02 020 313, go figure.