buick compact

Started by DrKnowone, December 19, 2007, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrKnowone

know its off topic but I have a 1963 buick special convert and want to switch to disk brakes. What I can't figure out is if their is a model of car that has similar dimension I could swap everything out with ( front rack, suspension, etc...), any suggestions? I know it would be a lot more work than a kit but I think it would be the biggest bang for my buck.

enjenjo

Go here  http://scarebird.com/ He has a kit to install discs on the front for $125, using junkyard parts. ypu can easily adapt a Vega steering box to the stock steering. and I have one source that tells me that 64 to 72 A body spindles can be adapted, but I have no details. If you have power brakes, the later disc brake master cylinder should bolt right on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

DrKnowone

Quote from: "DrKnowone"know its off topic but I have a 1963 buick special convert and want to switch to disk brakes. What I can't figure out is if their is a model of car that has similar dimension I could swap everything out with ( front rack, suspension, etc...), any suggestions? I know it would be a lot more work than a kit but I think it would be the biggest bang for my buck.

Thank you that is gold ...I will start checking out the parts right now and I'll let you know how it goes.