Nor'easter = progress

Started by 48builder, December 16, 2007, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

We are in the middle of a big Northeaster snow storm here. So, I took advantage and spent the weekend in the garage. Finally made some worthwhile progress.

Finished modifying the inner fender panels to fit my subframe. I still have a little welding to complete them, and of course the finish and paint prep, but that will wait until warmer weather.

Got the brake lines all done, and the fuel lines up to where they will mount on the inner fender. I need to get the engine back in before wrapping that up.

Got my grill and bumper in place. I'm trying to mount it all to make a little different look. I raised the bumper up and eliminated one big grill bar. Then I put a long grill bar up near the top, so that it extends out under the headlight. Now I have to ask my welder buddy if he can weld spring steel. I want to use rear bumper brackets on my front bumper, and need to weld a tan on the end in order to get the bolts to line up.

Then I got my window mouldings chopped. The fronts were easy, since that was just a normal chop. The rears took a little longer since in addition to the chop I shortened the body.

Then I ground the welds down on my radiator support that I modified by sectioning it 3" so it would clear my idler arm and pitman arm.

Whew.

I can see a very dim light now. My goal is to be just like Bob, get my picture in a rag. Congrats, Bob. Do I hjave to get gray hair to be in a magazine?

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

You going to use stock headlights? Looks good so far.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bob K

I can see a very dim light now. My goal is to be just like Bob, get my picture in a rag. Congrats, Bob. Do I hjave to get gray hair to be in a magazine?

Walt

Hair, what hair?

Hell no, you just have to go lots of places and finally they get so sick of seeing you that they put your pic in a magazine just to shut you up.

Wow that car is looking good Walt. Lot's of progress since Maggie & I were at your place. I am glad that you didn't make it a tilt front end like mine. I wish now that I hadn't done that.

I love the look of the grille and bumper, it is original thinking and that is really refreshing.

Maggie & I were talking the other day about that party those many years ago. Whatever happened to Jackie & Charlie. We never hear from them. Hi to Shawn, hope to see you guy's some time soon.

B :0-0 B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

48builder

Quote from: "Bob K"Whatever happened to Jackie & Charlie. We never hear from them. Hi to Shawn, hope to see you guy's some time soon.

B :0-0 B

I see them once in a while. It has been a while, though. I'll have to try getting in touch with him.

Our plan is to drive this car to the midwest, including WI, after it is done. We'll have to hook up then. Have a nice Christmas and say hello to Maggie.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"You going to use stock headlights? Looks good so far.

Yep. I am using the stock rings, but I added a little eyebrow to them. The whole theme of the car is to make people think "something looks different about that car, but I'm not sure what". All the changes shsould be obviuos if it is next to another post-war Chevy.
'39 Chevy driver