Exhaust Advice

Started by msuguydon, December 11, 2007, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "donsrods"Here, I found these dump tubes on Speedways site.

Don

Rumble-Rumble-Rumble-Rumble-Rumble-Rumble....... :wink:  :0-0
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Get a pair of the tubes, no Y, and find an exhaust guy willing to weld them in. Should be a piece of cake.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Get a new exhaust guy. This one is looking at your wallet. The black pipe is also what I had back then except I used the coupler so there was a plug on the end not a cap.  A cresent wrench is handier and smaller than a big pipe wrench
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Just for looks, have them welded on without cutting a hole in the exhaust pipe...then they really will be "dumb tubes" - LOL.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Okiedokie

Yep, plug with a hex head, quick and easy removal with crescent. Had some put on my 55Ford convert in high school. Dad did not know it. One summer afternoon on my day off from work I cleaned it up, removed the plugs and drove it a few blocks for gas, then back home. That evening after dinner I went to leave, started the 55 and rump-rump. The front door to the house flew open, and Dad flew out. He welded them shut the next day. Left them welded for at least a month I guess. Never made that mistake again. Joe

Leon

I have a set of the short tubes just behind the front tires of my 54 and have had a cop question me about them.  I had to show him that they were not connected to the exhaust, in California it is illegal to have them connected whether they are capped or not!  Just being capable of being opened is a fine :roll:

GPster

Quote from: "Leon"I have a set of the short tubes just behind the front tires of my 54 and have had a cop question me about them.  I had to show him that they were not connected to the exhaust, in California it is illegal to have them connected whether they are capped or not!  Just being capable of being opened is a fine :roll:
I can remember in New Jersey 40 years ago the didn't care if you had the connected or not. Just as long as they could see where the cap was welded to the flange. GPster

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "GPster"I can remember in New Jersey 40 years ago they didn't care if you had them connected or not. Just as long as they could see where the cap was welded to the flange. GPster

Some guys would run a bead of caulk around the cap, and paint it, so it would look like it was welded!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "msuguydon"
DON YOU ARE THE MAN.. YOU GET IT!!!!  I love you man!!

Get a room :!:  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance

As I recall, Pops has a sheep suit, so that should work out just fine for a TS member. :)
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.