29 Essex coupe frame chart

Started by Erick, December 11, 2007, 10:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erick

I'm looking for a frame chart for a 29 Essex coupe. I have searched for a while but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks for the help.

Erick

enjenjo

What do you need to know? I have a 29 Essex frame I can measure.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Erick

Enjenjo

I'm actually looking into getting a frame made for the car but haven't found a shop that has done one for a car like this.

I suppose I will need to know most everything about the frame so that a jig can be made for it. I'll have to draw a picture of the frame and fax it to the shop that will make it.

If you would be willing to do this I could work something out for your time. I really do appreciate the help.

It also brings me to the point that I have searched for places to go for a frame. I found one place, Street Rod Garage, out of Alabama. Does anybody know anything about them? There really are no good reputable places in my area for something like this and finding an original frame hasn't been easy.

My plans for the car are to have the frame made with a 40 Ford straight axle setup from Speedway on the front and a ladder bar setup in the rear. So, an original frame would need to be changed anyway to make it work.

I did mess around some with different frames that I already have but going this route will make a much nicer looking car. Not to mention ride better and safer.

enjenjo

I'll dig it out of the pile, and get some measurements. I am not going to be much help on wheelbase, I didn't get the axles or springs.

Erick

Thanks again for the help. I've been doing more searching and I come up with all kinds of information but no frame chart. I did find that the wheel base for the coupe is 110 1/2 inches. I also found a picture showing an overhead view of the frame but didn't find any showing the side view. The picture is from a parts list that was published but it doesn't show any measurements.

Thanks,
Erick

Bugpac

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bugpac"Did it out and ship it.... :D

Can't do that, it took me too long to find it.

GPster

I was just killing time going through my favorites and I stumbled accross this site that may be able to help you when you get your dimensions together. Auto Weld They are located in Danville Pa. and are set up to bend 2"x3" and 2:x4" 11 ga. rectangular tubing. They have some frames they are set-up to build and agvertise that they can bend/build to suit. I gathered the site when I was looking to maybe having a frame built for the Jeepster until I decided to go the S10 route. If you can't find it by Googling the name I'll pull more info off the site. GPster

crdnblu

Erick

Thanks for all the great help. I found a shop up in St. Paul, MN to build a frame for the coupe. He was really nice to talk to over the phone.

I also found an essex frame about 60 miles from where I live. I won't be able to take a look at it until Monday, so I can't say for sure if it's what I'm looking for.

I'll see what happens with all of this.

Enjenjo. I don't think that I'll need the measurments from the frame anymore. The guy I talked to said he won't need them to build the frame since it's close enough for me to haul the body and everything else I have up to his shop. I don't know if you have done anything with measuring or not. I can still do something to help compensate you for your time. There's a meat locker nearby where I live that sells some pretty good * and beef sticks if you like that kind of stuff. :)

Anyway. Thanks again for the help and I'll update all of you later with what all goes on.

Erick

enjenjo

No problem I haven't got started yet.