Started by Dave, November 30, 2007, 04:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Bummer
RIP you bad azzzzzzzzzzz.
crazy * but still a cool dude.
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

He was, without doubt, one of the West's last great showmen! RIP.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Learpilot

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"He was, without doubt, one of the West's last great showmen! RIP.
When did he die ?
Thanks, Rick Harris

phat rat

Quote from: "Learpilot"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"He was, without doubt, one of the West's last great showmen! RIP.
When did he die ?
Thanks, Rick Harris

yesterday. No one could say he didn't live his life to the fullest. RIP
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

purplepickup

I thought I knew a lot about him until I started hearing the coverage of his life on radio and TV....wow, an American legend in his own time.  

Some of the hi-lites:  ....made $60 million-spent $61 mil, broke 40 bones, spent 3.5 years in hospitals, chopped the end of a finger off with a shovel after losing a golf bet....  The man definitely blazed his own trail.

There's a short news video that's pretty good on   ESPN's site .
George

WZ JUNK

Memories of ridding a Schwin Stingray and being Evil Knievel.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Memories of ridding a Schwin Stingray and being Evil Knievel.  

John

You were a little old for that, weren't you John? :shock: He was only 69, what is that, three months older than you?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Memories of ridding a Schwin Stingray and being Evil Knievel.  

John

You were a little old for that, weren't you John? :shock: He was only 69, what is that, three months older than you?

That would make him 26 when I was 15.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

John

John

Yeah, riiigghhttt...
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

The funeral is going to be held in the Butte Civic  Center, and I bet it will be full.  The paper today had 3 or 4 pages of stuff on Evil.  Since I grew up around here, I had heard more on him than most, and it wasn't all good.  Butte didn't want anything to do with Evil for many years, but when they started Evil Kenivel days, the seemed to forgive and forget. I remember when he had a Ferarri, rumor was that he actuall had 2, one to drive, and one to have in the shop getting fixed.

The most interesting member of the family was his dad Bob.  He didn't jump motorcycles, but did most everything else.  He stopped by the shop one time with what looked like 2 quarter scale indy cars, that he was going to run at Pikes Peak, don't know if he ever did.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

John

John

Yeah, riiigghhttt...

Good thinkin' John.. :wink:  I like it when someone uses the the same "new math" that I learned .. 8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

donsrods

CMT (Country Music TV) had a special on him the other night.  Lots of stories and videos from his life.  Saddest part was when Evel said "I am ready to die, I really am."  He believes in reincarnation and wanted out of his present situation where he couldn't breath well, etc.

If any man can cross over and come back it will be that mean old cuss.  RIP.

Don