Rear axle for 32 roadster...

Started by Bugpac, December 02, 2007, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

If you have the budget, look into a Detroit True-Track rear end. I have one, and it does not have some of the issue a posi-traction has. It is a limited-slip and acts like an open rear end until you nail the throttle, and then it engages the other wheel. It uses worm gears as opposed to clutches. If you want to drag race, get a locker, but if you want a great rear end for the street, check it out. It is the best of both worlds. I got mine from Randy's Ring and Pinion.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Bugpac

Thanks for all the input guys, If i have to buy new i will likely buy the currie from speedway, I have sourcedx one local on craigs list, but im waiting to hear the dimensions, Hes asking 300.00 bucks for it 3rd member and all, I think that is reasonable? As i will likely buy it for 200 anyway... :D I really just want it for Street, No big motor....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Bugpac

Found a couple of them 58" late bronco 9" today, buying all  of them... :D

GPster

Quote from: "Bugpac"Found a couple of them 58" late bronco 9" today, buying all  of them... :D
What are you calling late. The chart I referred to lists that width for '66 - '77.  '78 - '86 are shown as 65 1/2". GPster

Bugpac

Sorry the LATE 60's like deuce used in his roadster....  I contacted an old friend as I remembered he was a ford nut, He had a couple...And said he likely could produce a few more from some of his contacts...

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Isn't this shop located up by you guys someplace ????

http://www.9inchfactory.com/

Not very. In the far wilds of the upper peninsula. Might be closer to you.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bugpac

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Bugpac"I just looked thru tech, maybe i am blind but i didnt see it, all tho I did see charleychops chassis, Bad gizmo, Kudos charlie, you look to be a real craftsman... :D

Oh no this comment is not going to be good for the size of Charlie's head.

John

Should i take a picture of it while i am there? :D