HF bender

Started by kb426, November 27, 2007, 05:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I received my hf 94571 bender yesterday that Wayne mentioned a few weeks ago. I wish I would have had it when I started this project. It makes really nice short radius bends in 3/16 brakelines. It's a smaller radius than any of the other benders I own. Even though it was on sale, if I had known they had this, I would have paid full price and been happy.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I received my hf 94571 bender yesterday that Wayne mentioned a few weeks ago. I wish I would have had it when I started this project. It makes really nice short radius bends in 3/16 brakelines. It's a smaller radius than any of the other benders I own. Even though it was on sale, if I had known they had this, I would have paid full price and been happy.

Hey thanks.. Ive been looking for a cheap bender .. Ill have to check that one out..
Dave

EMSjunkie

I got one of those when I was doing my Coupe, handy as pockets on a shirt :D

I bet the HF people are lovin' you right now :lol:
tubing bender, english wheel, planishing hammer, etc. :wink:

they got some good deals in store down here, maybe a road trip is in your future :?
I bet we can pack a bunch of stuff in the bed of yer '32 :idea:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

Vance, it's too late unless I need 2 of everything. I have been a pretty good customer in the last year, though. I'm gearing up for the next project. Hope I live long enough to finish this one. :lol:
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Two of my friends went to a new Harbor Freight store opening today.   The new store is just north of me about 12 miles.  I told Sumner last night on the phone that now I do not have to drive as far to buy cheap tools that do not work.   I buy a lot of HF stuff.  One of the guys bought a Propane torch, a propane soldering iron,  and a drill bit sharpener.  When he got home he tried it all.  Neither of the torches worked and the drill bit sharpen sounds like it is binding up internally.  He is taking it all back tomorrow.  He did get a free set of screwdivers as today was the grand opening.  Since today was also his wedding aniversay, he in turn gave the screwdriver set to his wife as a anniversary gift.  A nice touch I thought.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Two of my friends went to a new Harbor Freight store opening today.   The new store is just north of me about 12 miles.  I told Sumner last night on the phone that now I do not have to drive as far to buy cheap tools that do not work.   I buy a lot of HF stuff.  One of the guys bought a Propane torch, a propane soldering iron,  and a drill bit sharpener.  When he got home he tried it all.  Neither of the torches worked and the drill bit sharpen sounds like it is binding up internally.  He is taking it all back tomorrow.  He did get a free set of screwdivers as today was the grand opening.  Since today was also his wedding aniversay, he in turn gave the screwdriver set to his wife as a anniversary gift.  A nice touch I thought.

John

Hey the crimper you told me about works great.....that wasn't Larry was it??

Has anyone actually used the planishing hammer or english wheel enough yet to give a good description of how well they work???????

c ya,

Sum

kb426

Sum, I haven't used either enough to tell you much. I think they're better than most of the tools but I'm a novice with both of these so I don't know what good ones are supposed to be like. I have rationalized that by not spending much money, it is worth it to learn on.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

just curious.. how do you throttle the planishing hammer????a metering valve on the hose?.. a squeese valve on a looped whip hose ?   a variable foot pedal?? when i worked in the engine rebuilding shop i was thinking using a truck air brake valve mounted 90 degrees off a pedal to vary the air pressure to one of the machines..   just a thought...

kb426

Wayne, it comes with a foot pedal. Just in case anybody cares, the hammer is on sale for $100 and the wheel is $250 from their website.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Two of my friends went to a new Harbor Freight store opening today.   The new store is just north of me about 12 miles.  I told Sumner last night on the phone that now I do not have to drive as far to buy cheap tools that do not work.   I buy a lot of HF stuff.  One of the guys bought a Propane torch, a propane soldering iron,  and a drill bit sharpener.  When he got home he tried it all.  Neither of the torches worked and the drill bit sharpen sounds like it is binding up internally.  He is taking it all back tomorrow.  He did get a free set of screwdivers as today was the grand opening.  Since today was also his wedding aniversay, he in turn gave the screwdriver set to his wife as a anniversary gift.  A nice touch I thought.

John

Bought my ex wife a shovel one year..
Dave :wink:

river1

Quote from: "jusjunk"Bought my ex wife a shovel one year..

i'm surprised that your grave wasn't dug with that one!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Bought my ex wife a shovel one year..

i'm surprised that your grave wasn't dug with that one!!

later jim

She was too lazy for that..  :lol: I did get her attention for a few minutes though..
Dave :!: