Brake Parts

Started by Dusty, November 10, 2007, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Is there any one putting out a brake parts kit?  I have a couple of GM 12 Bolt Posi rear ends, and all there is to the brakes is the drum and backing plate...All other related parts are missing...I need a Brake Parts Kit to stuff these 2 rearends....

OK OK I can see it right now the Sheep are gonna get into this somehow.....
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

tomslik

uhh, try a parts house?
everything should still be available....

no sheep!
i wouldn't lie to ya...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm going out on a limb here but I'd guess the brakes are the same on a 10 bolt Chevy of the same vintage.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"I am not sure the parking brake arm / levers on the brake shoes  are available in the after market?

yes ?  no ?

Wrecking yard should have some parts / differential cores  laying around....

I've never found them available new but everything else is
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

ok guys.. next question.. 9 inch brakes or 11 inch brakes...

9" spring kit Part Number:   H7104
self ajuster kits H2532, H2533
Motormite / Brake Drum Bar #21129

things i have not found also...the spring that goes on the end of the brake drum bar. they are in the store but you have to open the printed catalog and they are all listed on one page in the illistrated section..

the lever that tony mentioned that activates the brake bar. and the little pins that fit in the ends of the wheel cylinders...

the missing bar and lever and pins were used up through the 1990's and they should be available from the dealer.. if you want new ones...

beware.. the rear wheel cylinders have differnt bore sizes depending on the model.. for cars with bigger rear wheels. bigger bores will exert more stopping to the rear brakes...
this allow one to tune the rear brakes without having to use an ajustable regualtor.. so if the rears lock up after the fronts go to a bigger wheel cylinder bore..one size at a time... ( the car need to be complete with fuel and a passenger or two...to test this way.)

the 11 inch drums use differnt parts...

sirstude

11 inch are from full sized GM's and the 9" stuff is from the Chevelle line.  The big brakes work pretty well in my experience.  I think either will bolt to the housing though.  I think the 10 bolt brakes are the same and easier to find if you need any small parts that don't come in the spring kits.  I bought spring kits a couple of years ago, and they were generally available at the parts houses.

Doug

Ps. Are you talking about Chevy 12 bolt or BOP 12 bolt, they are different?
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us