Brake Rivet Press Q

Started by C9, November 03, 2007, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C9

A few pic's showing what I think is a brake riveting tool.

It has a Raybestos decal on the post as well as an ID tag stating "Wadell Equipment."

It may be aircraft oriented, but most of the brake riveting tools I've seen in automotive brake shops hve been bench mounted.

One pic shows the mandrels etc. that came with it along with a couple of slothead screws that fit one of them.
There are a couple of what look to be short anvil's as well.
The rivets look to be a little small for automotive use.

The extra pieces were all in the cool old Rislone can that was hanging on the press.

Would probably be a better tool for a restoration shop than for a hot rodder since we can buy most of what we need ready to go.

Anyone familiar with this press?

C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

wayne petty

that is what my brake riveting tool looked like... almost exactally except mine had an shoe arcing motorized attachemnt that was bolted half way up the post...     just great for spreading asbestos around the shop....

i used mine to replace the clutch linings for my gto... i could buy the heavy duty aluminum backed facings  cheep and just change that instead of a complete hub also....    

a person with a lathe and a mill could make a all kinds of adaptors for it...

like gromet installing punches...  or a dimpler for embossed names and designs in sheetmetal panels....

i dont think it has enough leverage to be a sheet metal hole pumch..  for holing patches to weld though.....

kb426

I used to run one when I was in high school. I worked for the IH tractor dealer. I would reline clutches and the round brake discs that were on WD9's and similar tractors. Having the correct die, it worked slick. The Rislone can I know nothing about.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Looks like the brake shoe relining rivet press in a shop I apprenticed in.. Ours was red...Floor mounted next to the shoe arcing machine mounted to the bench...Next to the little drill press with the special bits to drill "stepped" holes in the lining material...The plate with the holes halfway down the post was to hold different sized anvils & punch fixtures....God...Where has the time gone??? :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****