master cylinder plumbing?

Started by 2rods, October 29, 2007, 12:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

Bought one of these master cylinders with built in porportioning and metering valve to replace my not so old leaking master. http://www.classicperform.com/Store/Master_Cylinder/CP3500-C.htm
Should I remove the stock proportioning valve that is on car or can I leave it? Also is it OK to run SS braided hoses from master down to lines or is it best to hardline it? Thanks.

Leon

It seems that since it has that function in it already, you should remove the one you have on the car.  Don't need to run 2 of them.  I'd hard line it, don't like flex lines where you don't need them.

enjenjo

you should only have one proportioning valve. A second one would reduce the pressure an additional amount.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

you should only run flex line where needed. even braided stainless expands under pressure. had a neighbor 25yrs ago with a blinged out 70 camaro ,metalflake paint ,every piece that could be chromed was dipped, button tuck velvet interior, and braided stainless hoses everywhere front to back including brake lines. police needed a reason to take this car off the road and the brake lines did it .

2rods

Thanks for the tips guys. I hard lined it and looks very good. Also deleted original valves. This master rocks so far but I will see how it works when I drive the car.