My Current Project

Started by chpd46, October 19, 2007, 09:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chpd46

41 chevy 2dr I picked up at a swap last Aug. to replace the 37 cpe , I enjoyed the coupe, but it had issues I did'nt want to work on. So off it went to OR. I needed a new car and got a sweet deal on this 41, it had a 305/T350 sitting in it w CE mounts.A MII unit started to be installed and a ventura rear (nova) installed- sort of anyway - it rolled. new floors installed wrong, so I did'nt give much for it.  The high point is that it was more or less solid. w good rockers and trunk floor and it was filled w parts and at least it was titled..

chpd46

It has come a LONG way since but still a LONG way to go-
BBC/ T350, 11" discs ,CE MC mount kit ,Nova 3:50 posi, 4 core aftermarket radiator trans cooler High volume alum water pump, Chrys T+C van power seats,stock rear seat ,digital dash,V butt green tinted Windsheild ,"TANKS" steel gas tank, Rebel wiring harness kit, Newport Eng. 2 speed wiper motor, MII now has BBlk springs (383# w one coil cut) and gas shocks ,59 chevy column and St wheel. Cruzer wheels 15x8 w 236 60 15's and 15x7 w 205 60 15's
AC and rear wheel discs are planned as well .
NOTE ... notice that the lower A arms are at an up angle ? That has now been corrected by lopping off one coil each side, it now sits right w the A arms level or very slightly up (maybe 2 deg. of angle) to compensate for the additional weight of wiring gas, oil, antifreeze, front clip etc .

enjenjo

nice start. got a color in mind?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chpd46

Quote from: "enjenjo"nice start. got a color in mind?
yes ,The  Viper Red that I had bought for my 37 coupe, but never got that far b4 the offer I got and sold it. It will slow to a crawl now that I have started my medical treatments. but the body is not far off from paint . I will keep at it on the good days. I am currently working on installing + hooking up that 59 column and trying to figure out how I can install the orig heater w/o messing up the smoothed + filled firewall. AC is planned for later so do not want to keep cutting holes in it.
 I got this 41 bussiness coupe w w it for parts too.

chpd46

The engine was a 78 454 PU motor that I got from French Lake Auto parts. It is now a 468 w Edel. Performer intake and 750 carb ,Recurved cast iron dizzy with a Crane electronic conversion/rev limiter + FireBall hot chrome coil ,stock cam and peanut heads,Melling HV oil pump,True roller timing set, HV alum. water pump, Holley HP fuel pump, Holley finned VC's that I will have the "HOLLEY "machined off and have 468 numbers in that area, stock ex manifolds w the AIR fittings removed. I really need a decent street cam ,stamped roller rockers and headers to get the real street potential out of the motor tho.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chpd46

Quote from: "Crosley"good choice for power.

8)
and fits like it was made for it , :lol:
SCREEEEEEEEEECH! WAAAAAH! CHIIIRP , BWAAAAH ,CHIRP, BWAAAAH, CHIRP, BWAAAAAAAH  :shock:

Grandadeo

Boy does that bring back memories.  Wonder what ever happened to my '41 Cdan I sold 20 some years ago.  How's the chrome pot metal grill trim.  That stuff was had to find back then.  Good looking Cheebie.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

chpd46

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Boy does that bring back memories. .  How's the chrome pot metal grill trim.  That stuff was had to find back then.  Good looking Cheebie.

Lee

It still is and EXPENSIVE to buy between $1200 and $1550, theres cheaper but its very poor from all the reports i have gotten mine is unbroken but LOTS of pits,hopel;ess to try to rechrome i'll probably beead blast it and have it alum sprayed or powdercoated

39deluxe

Looks like a nice solid car. I have been driving past a '40 Chevy 2 door for years up in Michigan. This summer it say out by the road for sell but now it's back out at the barn again. It looks real solid with mostly original paint and I can't believe someone hasn't snapped it up. It would be my ticket into the Inliners if I had a place to put it.

Tom

chpd46

Sadly , I had great plans for this car but...Because of a recent downturn in my health and the associated medical treatments (2 year treatment plan). I am forced to part the car out and sell it as a roller to regain my investment, I'll never get what I have into it otherwise and still won't, but closer parted out anyway :oops:  :(  :cry:

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that. I think it has happened to most of us. Here's hoping things get better.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sorry to hear that. I think it has happened to most of us. Here's hoping things get better.

Ditto

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

39deluxe

That's too bad. I hope there are better times ahead.

Tom

chpd46

Thanks for the kind words, guys . You just put one foot in front of the other and keep stroking, I have lived my whole life that way and never EVER just quit. The sedan is listed in the classifieds now.