bodys off frame and made temp rotisseri

Started by chevy 47 coupe, October 28, 2007, 09:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevy 47 coupe

well finally got the body off the frame and made a rotisseri so i can start on the bottom of the car

enjenjo

Making progress I see. I'll have to post pictures of my rotisserie.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

A rotisserie is the way to go to get at the bottom stuff.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

48builder

Quote from: "chevy 47 coupe"well finally got the body off the frame and made a rotisseri so i can start on the bottom of the car

Looks like a good setup. I hope my pics weren't too late to be of some help. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

chevy 47 coupe

Thanks walt.   i worked with what metal i had laying around and decided to use the engine stand like you did but in the front.with this setup i cant tilt the body perfectly on it side.but its still very workable. started cutting the rusted rocker supports and welding them in today.thurs and fri finishing up the supports then grinding and repairing odds and ends on the bottom.  
question- on the bottom of the car mostly all of the undercoating is gone and its mostly heavy surface rust.im going to sand-grind off most i can. what have you used and recommend i use after doing this? primers?epoxy?

enjenjo

Quote from: "chevy 47 coupe"Thanks walt.   i worked with what metal i had laying around and decided to use the engine stand like you did but in the front.with this setup i cant tilt the body perfectly on it side.but its still very workable. started cutting the rusted rocker supports and welding them in today.thurs and fri finishing up the supports then grinding and repairing odds and ends on the bottom.  
question- on the bottom of the car mostly all of the undercoating is gone and its mostly heavy surface rust.im going to sand-grind off most i can. what have you used and recommend i use after doing this? primers?epoxy?

There are two products I use. Either POR15, or Rust Bullet. Buth can be painted on over a rusty surface, as long as there is no loose rust. I prefer Rust Bullet. Both are available on Ebay.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "chevy 47 coupe"

I like ZeroRust, but I have never tried Rust Bullet. I do know enjenjo likes that. I still ilke to get as much of the rust off as I can before usign it. I have also been using a product called Picklex-20. It is sprayed on rust to prevent it from rusting further. You can read about it at www.autobodystore.com. They also carry Zerorust. Much cheaper than POR-15 and much easier to use.

Keep the updates coming!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver