internal hyd slave

Started by tomslik, October 21, 2007, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

seeing how i JUST ran out of room for a fork-type clutch release setup, how about some input on internal-type aftermarket stuff?
i'm wanting to use a stock-type clutch (10.5") + i'm thinking of running a line-loc in the line, too....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Are you talking about for a Chevy? I can never keep track of what (one thing) you might be putting together. Do you have any room on the passenger side? Chevy trucks in the early '60s had a cast iron bellhousing with the fork on that side and is was used with the  big flywheel  to use the bigger clutch. Also has the engine/transmission mounts on it so you can use front mounts (like '55 to '57 car, early corvette or Hurst style) on the engine. You probably knew this but maybe it will help someone else. GPster

tomslik

yep, chevy.
well, sorta, it's in a 69 american....
and, nope, can't use a cast iron bellhousing of any sort....(ain't NO WAY they'd let me thru tech;)

no room on the pass side anyway :lol:

enjenjo

I've used a Tilton, worked good. a little difficult to set up, but no problems after that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"I've used a Tilton, worked good. a little difficult to set up, but no problems after that.

what's the deal with the "hard to set up"?

enjenjo

You have to space the whole thing out from the face of the trans, may take a couple trys to get it right. Doing a second one would be easy.

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have to space the whole thing out from the face of the trans, may take a couple trys to get it right. Doing a second one would be easy.

that's kinda what i figured.... any idea what bore size they want on the m/c?

enjenjo

tomslik

did you get the stuff directly from tilton or?

enjenjo

Lane Automotive, a local jobber.

kb426

I looked at those for awhile before I found a pull type external slave. I found Quartermaster, Tilton  and some others that I had never heard of. I was concerned that I'd have to pull the trans if I had trouble. My 32 is really close under there. I sure would have liked the clean look, though.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "kb426"I looked at those for awhile before I found a pull type external slave. I found Quartermaster, Tilton  and some others that I had never heard of. I was concerned that I'd have to pull the trans if I had trouble. My 32 is really close under there. I sure would have liked the clean look, though.

i see tilton is really proud of theirs, Howe racing stuff looks promising at 1/2 the price, anybody have any experiance with theirs?

can't use anything with the fork on the outside without cutting up the floor and losing a place for the throttle pedal.

can't let THAT happen;)

Bruce Dorsi

McLeod hydraulic throw-out bearing a possibility?

They are available thru Jeg's or Summit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!