S-10/S-15 4 banger question

Started by zzford, October 23, 2007, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzford

Anyone know what s-10, s-15 4 cylinders will accept a distributor? I want to use a battery type, stand alone ignition, no computer.

wayne petty

the 2.5 motor versions have distrubuters... although electronic timing versions...  but... since the 2.5 iron duke was made a few years before the s10 pick up vacuum advance models are available.. look for monza or 80 chevy citiation apps.

one more thing.. the 7 pin module has some built in advance in it.. i dont know how much  but enough to run with out a computer hooked to it..

someone will probably post how much ...............

the 2.5 throttle body injection systems are easy to install in hot rods...

and the pressre requirements are not as high.. only about 25 psi... 13 at the injector at idle...  raising almost 10 psi  when the vacuum drops under load or hard acceleration.

and the wiring harness for the computer comes out of the firewall in 10 minutes .. be sure to copy the vin number down... and save the computer.
unplug the computer and the double flat connector that leads elsewere . pull the big U clip off the inside of the firewall where the harness passes and push the harness out.

GPster

Oh goodie! One more page to add to my Jeepster file. I didn't see the distributor til I had the fender off. Enjenjo told be that I only needed two wirs to the computor to make it work but I'm not sure which two. The catalitic converter is gone and I haven't found any wires yet that look like they went to the O2 sensor but I'm still taking it apart. GPster                  PS Mine is an '87 S15 and it has a distributor (computor controlled)

wayne petty

Quote from: "GPster"Oh goodie! One more page to add to my Jeepster file. I didn't see the distributor til I had the fender off. Enjenjo told be that I only needed two wirs to the computor to make it work but I'm not sure which two. The catalitic converter is gone and I haven't found any wires yet that look like they went to the O2 sensor but I'm still taking it apart. GPster                  PS Mine is an '87 S15 and it has a distributor (computor controlled)

did you find the autozone s10 repair site???

look carefully at the diagram.. it not hard...

the orange wire  is power all the time

pink and black  is switched ignition.

black and white , tan,     and tan and white are grounds.. this system will not work with out proper grounds... light bulbs wont either...

the hei may get power through a differnt circut

the oxygen sensor wire is purple and on ecm term D7

enjenjo

Quotethe hei may get power through a differnt circut

It does. Pink wire on the body harness.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "wayne petty"did you find the autozone s10 repair site??? look carefully at the diagram.. it not hard... the orange wire  is power all the time pink and black  is switched ignition. black and white , tan,     and tan and white are grounds.. this system will not work with out proper grounds... light bulbs wont either...the hei may get power through a differnt circutthe oxygen sensor wire is purple and on ecm term D7
No! I did not find it. I found pages of Autozone S10 repair but couldn't find a connection that lead me to a wiring diagram. Maybe it only wants to talk to professional, which i aren't. Next clue? GPster

wayne petty

No! I did not find it. I found pages of Autozone S10 repair but couldn't find a connection that lead me to a wiring diagram. Maybe it only wants to talk to professional, which i aren't. Next clue? GPster[/quote]

link

http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm

or here the direct linkto your app GPster

http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,1094801/initialAction,repairGuide/shopping/vehicleSelected.htm

GPster

I'd been on that site and all the headings I'd been at were heavier print. I went to the glossary this time and when I found wiring diagrams I hit it and that table of contents came up. I brought up what I thought I wanted and printed it. I'll give it to Linda and have her inlarge it to 11" x 17" so I can read it. Thanks for the patience. Maybe it won't rain tomorrow and I can scrape some more. GPster