A/C service experiences

Started by Fat Cat, October 23, 2007, 07:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Ok while at work today a question came to mind. What is the most you have ever recovered out of an A/C system?

The reason thsi question came up is that a customer brought in a Bluebird motorcoach that had a barely functioning A/C system. When we evacuated the system we removed 10.2 lbs. of freon from the system. The biggest R134a system I have ever seen on a truck took 5 lbs. This particular unit was supposed to have 4 lbs. in it.

So what is the most over-charged system you have ever seen?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Ok while at work today a question came to mind. What is the most you have ever recovered out of an A/C system?

The reason thsi question came up is that a customer brought in a Bluebird motorcoach that had a barely functioning A/C system. When we evacuated the system we removed 10.2 lbs. of freon from the system. The biggest R134a system I have ever seen on a truck took 5 lbs. This particular unit was supposed to have 4 lbs. in it.

So what is the most over-charged system you have ever seen?

I'm suprised it worked at all. I'm also suprised it didn't blow a hose
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Did it have a second evaporator installed. Some camper/vans have a closet unit for the back and maybe one was added but the specs are for a single evaporator. Does the unit have a receiver after the condenser? You can jam a lot of refrigerant in them and it doesn't leave until the expansion valve lets it flow. GPster