My first ride - after 5 years!

Started by 58Apache, October 18, 2007, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

I have been working on a frame-off on my 69 Chevelle for about 5 years now. It was a rust bucket and has more new metal than old on it now. I was only a shade tree mechanic before and didn't know diddly about body work.

I had to hire a pro body shop guy to help me get quarters on, and they look nice, but had to go it alone soon after that point.

The engine and tranny in this car were purchased trough Enjenjo. After a good rebuild that 396 with 454 heads roars to life. I finally got to where I had to turn the thing around in the garage so threw in a bucket seat and put the steering column back in, then took it down the drive way and into the street to turn around.

I burned rubber in second gear without trying going back up the driveway!

Anyway, I'm VERY close to paint, hopefully this weekend. But starting it up to drive it for the first time (it didn't run when I got it) was something special!

If I can get it to paint before cold weather, I'll be able to install wiring and interior over the winter months.

Wish me luck!

Steve

rumrumm

I know that thrill, Steve. Congratulations--and keep us posted with photos.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58Apache

Thanks RunRumm,

Here's some pics of how it looks tonight after high build primer being shot on it. It's still semi- wet when these pictures were taken.

Still working the driver's side of the hood. Ran out of SPI 2K turbo primer. Time to order some more.

Steve