ididit Open House

Started by purplepickup, October 03, 2007, 06:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Just got back from the Straits and the best (most) color we saw was on 72 west of Traverse City and then down 22. South of Manistee was not much
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

I might not be there right at 9.  It's after midnight and I had a cuppla "stones"....Keystones that is. I just came in.

I got a couple hour drive.....see ya at the breakfast table around 10. 8)
George

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"I might not be there right at 9.  It's after midnight and I had a cuppla "stones"....Keystones that is. I just came in.

I got a couple hour drive.....see ya at the breakfast table around 10. 8)
e
If you didnt drink that cheap S^&T you could still rally.. George sue and i saw your truck and we saw denise's dad Jim but never saw you.. Oh ya saw frank and the swmbo... Talked to a bunch of people i  know and some i dont. Sue was interested in a 28 a pickemup that was for sale there but the price was 18,5 and make offer but it needed to be torn apart and all redone.. 12k id have jumped on it. He said he was open to offers and i couldnt offend him.. Ya ok  :lol:  :lol:  Oh ya sue didnt wanna pay over 10k.. She is getting rod smart..  :!:  :!: Any way dam it was hot but a great turnout. we decided we needed to ride to cool off and i forgot all about the 12pm gathering . I remembered at the stop light up town...  Hope yall had a good time . we went to the harley dealer as ive never been there but they own the store in cement city where i got my bike. They had a big deal going and i went in and bought some hiway pegs and mounts for the scoot.  I forgot to turn mine in on the insurance  :idea:  Oh well i still got my discount and we went from there to cement city gassed up and had lunch then home .. Im happy to report the body is on the roadster (pics to come) ... Went better than expected and although ive got some work to do it sets pretty good on the frame.... Dam its hot for october..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:

purplepickup

Quote from: "jusjunk"Dam its hot for october..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:
Yeah......it was a little too hot for me to be just standing around in the sun.  We stopped to talk to some people over by the trees and it was almost perfect in the shade.  It felt good to get back on the road to evaporate.  It would have been a good ride on the bike....only about 200 miles round trip.   Lots of scooters out today.  Debb and Rob rode up.  Fat Cat, Trinka, and Shelby were there for a while.

Cement City's parking lot was full of bikes when I went by a little while ago.  They must have had a run or something.  The leaves are getting pretty colorful. I rode to work yesterday, left early and rode til dark.   We gotta take advantage of this weather while it's here....we'll be fighting snow storms soon enough.

The ididit show is really getting big.  Lots of nice rides & people and great day to cruise across the state.   8)

Oh yeah, I had a flat front tire on the way there. :(   The valve stem went south.  It's fixed and all's well now. :D
George

KustomLincolnLady

we just pulled in!!! 250 round trip. got seperated from enjenjo, rob didn't tell me we needed gas and I we couldn't let you know , sorry Frank!!!!  good thing you and george showed me the map cause I would have been lost  :lol: and Michigan was the ONLY map I didn't have on the bike, lol

what a perfect day to ride, i never even put on my sweatshirt all the way home.

Dave we had to have just missed you guys we were at the dealer at 1ish till about 1:30 then over to the show :(  *.  cement city dealer was packed with bikes when we went by around noonish i guess, we passed 3 very large groups on the way in between the two dealers, they must have had some type of run. and we passed tons of hot rods too.

It was great seeing George, enjenjo, denise, her dad, hippy6 and meeting danimal (sp) I know thats not spelled right!!! LOL  ran into lots of other non RRT friends also.

I couldn't believe how big that show has gotten, we haven't been for 3yrs cause our cookout is usually on that day.

Sorry we missed Fat cat and Miss kitty :(

Debb

enjenjo

I wondered what happened to you. I would have been happy to stop, I was thirsty.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"we just pulled in!!! 250 round trip. got seperated from enjenjo, rob didn't tell me we needed gas and I we couldn't let you know , sorry Frank!!!!  good thing you and george showed me the map cause I would have been lost  :lol: and Michigan was the ONLY map I didn't have on the bike, lol

what a perfect day to ride, i never even put on my sweatshirt all the way home.

Dave we had to have just missed you guys we were at the dealer at 1ish till about 1:30 then over to the show :(  *.  cement city dealer was packed with bikes when we went by around noonish i guess, we passed 3 very large groups on the way in between the two dealers, they must have had some type of run. and we passed tons of hot rods too.

It was great seeing George, enjenjo, denise, her dad, hippy6 and meeting danimal (sp) I know thats not spelled right!!! LOL  ran into lots of other non RRT friends also.

I couldn't believe how big that show has gotten, we haven't been for 3yrs cause our cookout is usually on that day.

Sorry we missed Fat cat and Miss kitty :(

Debb

Girl friend ya gotta check in more often..  Id bet if we woulda met today id have rode back with ya so i could have seen the grand daughter then rode back..  Maybe next time.
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

I had water in the saddle bag!!! LOL

I know Dave, been a hectic week with the step-B again, so i wasn't online much, I made rob take me for a ride most every night , it relaxes me and gets rid of the stress :)

That would have been fun, cause we rode up and back alone  :roll:
tomorrow were going on a charity run to mishawaka :) leaving at 9. hope my butt can handle that, lol for some reason I was a little uncomfortable on the way home today.

would have liked to seen your bike too!!

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"I had water in the saddle bag!!! LOL

I know Dave, been a hectic week with the step-B again, so i wasn't online much, I made rob take me for a ride most every night , it relaxes me and gets rid of the stress :)

That would have been fun, cause we rode up and back alone  :roll:
tomorrow were going on a charity run to mishawaka :) leaving at 9. hope my butt can handle that, lol for some reason I was a little uncomfortable on the way home today.

would have liked to seen your bike too!!

We will get together for a ride yet..  for everyone thats goin to the swap today.. Im not gonna make it. Something didnt agree with me yesterday  :cry: . Im gonna relax here and hopefully get feeling better and work on the car this morning and then were going on out scooter also.. Besides unless i miss a really good deal on something i dont need i still dont need anything..
Dave :lol:  8)  :arrow: