So i got carried away again..

Started by Dave, October 02, 2007, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I got the roadster body on its side tonite and i was supprised it rolled over pretty easily. I had no help and after trying to sand with the body above me i gave up,lowered it and put it over.. My problem.. I was just gonna scuff the * thing and shoot some gray on it and throw it on the frame but it needs a lil filler here and there.. I need to go see doctor Phil cause i cant halfass anything.. Its just got to be better than what it is.... Someone help me.....
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

kb426

I wish I could help. I'm sanding the cab and going to re-shoot it. I don't want it to be perfect but I want it to look better than a first paint job. I've got to figure out some way to position the lights better so I can see.
TEAM SMART

58Apache

Perfectionism is a cursed affliction. Damned this!  I could get a lot more done if it weren't for wanting it to be perfect!

Steve

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I wish I could help. I'm sanding the cab and going to re-shoot it. I don't want it to be perfect but I want it to look better than a first paint job. I've got to figure out some way to position the lights better so I can see.

Billl metallics are a * especially with poor lighting.. Whats the deal can you see thru it or is it blotchy???? You can spray it fairly dry or fog it to get better coverage. Your gonna clear it anyway.. Good luck..
Dave :wink:

kb426

Prep work wasn't good enough and some dirt got in my hitech paint booth. I really needed to block it one more time before paint. Because I was hurrying trying to beat time, I cut corners. Now, that my friend has passed away, I only have the weather to deal with. The lack of good eyesight allows me to miss imperfections until they have clear on them and shine real good.  :oops:
TEAM SMART

Deuce

:D

Maybe you and I both suffer from the same problem ...

BUT ... I do not want to be cured ...
Hang in there .. the results will be worth the extra effort  :)
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

kb426

Hey, we have the same brand of paint booth!!! :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Hey, we have the same brand of paint booth!!! :lol:

Bill get back in the garage... You have work to do..
Dave 8)

donsrods

I hate paint prep and painting.  So glad we are almost done with my Son's T bucket.  Tonight should wrap up the bulk of the painting.

We shot the frame last Wednesday, but didn't like the way it came out, so we sanded the entire thing with 320 and reshot it.  Happy now, it is finally ok.  

Don

58Apache

A man that's paranoid worries that he may not be paranoid enough!

After seeing these pictures, I better get back out to the garage!

Steve

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"I hate paint prep and painting.  So glad we are almost done with my Son's T bucket.  Tonight should wrap up the bulk of the painting.

We shot the frame last Wednesday, but didn't like the way it came out, so we sanded the entire thing with 320 and reshot it.  Happy now, it is finally ok.  

Don

Seems to me your a but picky.. :lol:  :lol:  You dont know how many times ive done that same thing. Even when i was doing it part time for real money.. I actually got hired part time in a body shop but the guy was a good friend of mine and I just knew we would be sitting around drinking beer rather than working so I found a way out and still kept him as a friend..  We talk about it now and laugh..
Dave

donsrods

Yep, we rodders are a strange lot.........how many other people would agonize over some hidden suspension piece that no one will ever see?  Or worry about the bottom of a body looking as good as the top?

My one Son has a bad day if a weld he lays down doesn't meet his expectations.  :shock:   Yep, we're nuts for sure.   :D  :D

Don

kb426

Years ago, there wasn't that many people that did excellent work. With the passing of time, the proliferation of skills has become apparent. Now, if you can't do show quality work, you suck. Now, we're back to why we keep redoing until we get it really good. I have lots of excuses but it really isn't important, I just don't get everything right the first time very often anymore.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Years ago, there wasn't that many people that did excellent work. With the passing of time, the proliferation of skills has become apparent. Now, if you can't do show quality work, you suck. Now, we're back to why we keep redoing until we get it really good. I have lots of excuses but it really isn't important, I just don't get everything right the first time very often anymore.  :lol:

Ha .. tell me about it......... I can do it over though .. I just came in from laying some epoxy primer on the bottom of the roadster and im waiting till i can spray color.. Ya epoxy on glass .. Kind of over kill but i have a bunch left and the crap sticks to everything so i used it.. If the gray goes good then im off to the IDIDIT show and the Adrian swap  if not then im gonna make it better ,, The hell of it is its the * bottom of the car and i want it looking good  :?:  :?:  :?:  I think we need professional  help  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave
ps: Deuce your a show off.. And i loved the barn find thin on the other board.. Butt Head......... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: