PSCA race in AZ

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 07, 2007, 01:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

hmmmm turbos.......

there was a group here in la that had a quad turbo big block chevy dragster..  they had off the line problems.. turbo lags and stuff.

i could not get the idea across about a boost blow off valve that recirculated the boost pressure back into the turbo intake ducts so there was not so much pressure build up in the intake after staging.  the idea is when the throttle flashes completley open the bypasses close and because the turbos were mostly freewheeling with a lot of exhaust flow the turbine blades are really spinning.. then wham..  or a slower closing  of the bypass..

maybe my idea was beyond me ... someone will figure it out... sure would be better than waiting for the spool up to happen...

just like my idea of the dual layer funny car rear spoiler..   get the air out from under the rear of the body and makes a great peacock tail of the flames is the motor really lets go.....

hmm... pomona world finals next month... maybe ill go and see if i am still sensitive to nitromethane...

kb426

"maybe ill go and see if i am still sensitive to nitromethane... "Does that mean addictive or health related?
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

Quote from: "kb426""maybe ill go and see if i am still sensitive to nitromethane... "Does that mean addictive or health related?

health related..

carb dip has a warning label with the words AVOID BREATHING VAPORS and they mean it. one shop i worked at was across from the fire department. and a previouis tech had set it on fire. while the fire department was washing their truck. still burned up 7 cars. so they would not allow the shop to have a parts cleaner. so i had to use carb dip to clean parts...after about a year i got headakes and would fall on my face when setting the rack so i quit.. months later i walked into a machine shop and smelled carb dip and instant headake. aahhha!!!  nitro fumes set off headakes also.. the smell from stacks of fresh tires causes the hair on my neck to stand up and my lungs to stop working..  

btw. the second warning on the label CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS should be headed also. do not spill this stuff... do not use it in a garage with women around who might be pregnant.....clean up all spills... if it smells it is not clean enough... my cousin worked at a huge parts W/D  some fool puncured a 5 of dip. and the smell was everywhere..and she was pregnant.. birth defects warning should be heeded... sorry for going off topic