Broken Street Rod

Started by 40_Tudor, September 14, 2007, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

40_Tudor

I dropped a tooth off the cluster gear on my Non World Class T5 5 speed going to the Springfield swap meet last Friday. Wasn't sure I was going to get it back to Columbus. Makes noise in every gear except 4, 1 to 1.
Anyone know where I can get a Word Class T5 with GM 26 spline input, that wont cost me an arm and a leg? It needs to be out of an F body with V8, 1988 to 1993 I think.

rumrumm

Can you rebuild the one you have with world class parts?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

40_Tudor

I'm not sure but I don't think so. I'll have to check with my transmission guy.
Probably be cheaper to find a newer Word Class T5.
I might have to find a N-WC cluster and put it in while I'm looking for the better version. I hat to miss the cooler weather cruising.
The Non-World Class wouldn't handle as mush torque as the World Class ether.

40_Tudor

I finally found a World Class T5 for my 40 but its a later model, 1993 so it doesn't fit my Non-WC 87 Iroc T5 bellhousing.
GM dealer says there's none available. I haven't found any at local junkyards yet ether.
None of the bolt holes line up. The bottom holes on the trans are below the bottom of the mounting surface on the old bellhousing. The input shaft is an 1" longer too. About 1/2 is longer pilot bearing land though.
I know a guy that can probably fab an adapter plate but sounds like a lot of trouble, and money.
The F body bellhousing rotates the trans 17 deg so the shifter will line up with existing hole in floor.
Anyone have a source for a 93-95 sbc V8 Camaro or Firebird TA bellhousing that will fit my WC T5 five speed?[/b]

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "40_Tudor"
Anyone have a source for a 93-95 sbc V8 Camaro or Firebird TA bellhousing that will fit my WC T5 five speed?[/b]

Have you looked into the availablity of an aftermarket scatter shield to meet your needs?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

40_Tudor

Can't find any specific for a 93-95 F body.
The ones for a SBC T5, Lakewood-McLeod etc. are anywhere from $300 to over $500+.
I'm not going to race it I just want to drive it.