Body work is TWO 4-letter words!

Started by 58Apache, September 30, 2007, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

Body work is two 4-letter words that are more vulgar than either one on their own!

I have WAY too many hours into this, but thanks to Enjenjo and the body shop guy I hired for a while, some help from a neighbor, and the help of new quarter, door skin, and new front fender..... I think I have it to where I'm comfortable in moving forward.

Tell me to stop putting in so many hours and get this thing to paint so I can drive it after almost 5 years!

Steve

enjenjo

You have made a lot of progress since I saw it last.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58Apache

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have made a lot of progress since I saw it last.

Well frank, it sure don't feel like it. It feels like I should have been to paint a long time ago. It's frustrating, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm thinking about taking some time off work to get it done so I can have it out in sunshine in between clear coats.

I'm using Southern Polyurethane paints, after advice from some painters and my body shop guy said the primer looked pretty good. The web site has advice on how to paint your car for a high quality paint job and it requires being out in sunshine for a day or so.

Hopefully the door gap on the passenger door won't be as bad as the driver's door.

I'd like to be able to work on interior and final touches under the hood during the winter.

As always, any advice is appreciated.

Steve

enjenjo

Door gaps can be a pain, particularly if you are dealing with aftermarket parts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.