Rubber baby bumper filler

Started by wayne petty, September 21, 2007, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

Hi  again... a while back i ask on another thread if anyone has used this  

http://www.bondo-online.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=661  

i don't know how many people have tried it or even thought about using it...  

at the shop i worked at a while back the body guy used it for everything...  

i found several great non listed uses for it...  

gluing rearview mirrors back on.   reattaching loose body trim.  and one of the best uses was filling the hollows in motor mounts and tranny mounts. it makes then solid.  with still a little damping.. on taurus / sable 3.0 tranny mounts i started filling them new to avoid comebacks on repeat customers.. the tech across the street filled his drag honda mounts with it...and loves it...  

this stuff was originally  designed to repair enduro bumpers.. black rubber on  a steel backing without needing to be black coated.  

i just thought i would share more of the trick stuff that falls out of my toolbox..

Dave

Quote from: "wayne petty"Hi  again... a while back i ask on another thread if anyone has used this  

http://www.bondo-online.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=661  

i don't know how many people have tried it or even thought about using it...  

at the shop i worked at a while back the body guy used it for everything...  

i found several great non listed uses for it...  

gluing rearview mirrors back on.   reattaching loose body trim.  and one of the best uses was filling the hollows in motor mounts and tranny mounts. it makes then solid.  with still a little damping.. on taurus / sable 3.0 tranny mounts i started filling them new to avoid comebacks on repeat customers.. the tech across the street filled his drag honda mounts with it...and loves it...  

this stuff was originally  designed to repair enduro bumpers.. black rubber on  a steel backing without needing to be black coated.  

i just thought i would share more of the trick stuff that falls out of my toolbox..

I never realized marhyde was a division of bondo..  Im using bondo brand filler on the roadster just because i was at the local menards and they had  a gallon and it wasnt priced too bad . or maybe sue was writing a check :wink:  I am gonna combine that with some duraglass for the body.
Dave