Day 1 report from the Zoo

Started by Dave, September 14, 2007, 06:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Enjenjo didnt know i was right behind him at the outside parking arena. He was too busy trying to hook up with the parking girl.  :lol:  George came to get him in Kennys 34 but we just ended up putting the cooler and the other things including the Bratts in the 34 with george and frank and I walked in .. George didnt think frank would fit in his pickup  :?  At least he was nice about it till i showed up  :lol:  :lol:  We headed for the swap and saw Charlie and Jack and I split to do a quick run by then do some shopping..  Ill go back tomorrow but what I need is prolly gonna be new stuff anyway.  I made it back to the BBQ just in time for a few of Kennys beers and one of his fine burgers off the grille.. He is a good cook and thats why we keep him around  :!:  I passed on one of my own bratts cause im kinda burned out on em right now..  I gotta get some beer for tomorrow.. Uglyolds was there and i finally got to meet him.. Bob is a great guy. I yaked with him for a while then went off to do some more shopping and looking at stuff.. I did see a few 32 roadsters that were pretty nice.. I ran into the fellow that bought my coupe and I had a couple special nuts for the seats that I designed myself and we got talking and  (ill try not to get a fat head) he told me he wanted to commend me on the coupe again as he thinks i really did it right 8)  He said he gets a lot of compliments on the car that I built :lol:  Cool..... Well enuff of that.. back to the trailer for another BS session with oldbobsign and HRPP and everyone else that was there..  I bailed about 3:30 and pulled in the drive way right before sue..
More to come... Ill be back there tomorrow prolly mid morning as I have no reason to hurry..
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

We were soooo busy out in the swap meet today...actually we did ok -  for me, and Jack did better. We walked in around 5 and visited with George, Frank and Larry for a short while. Back to the workaday grind tomorrow. What's wrong with retired guys who work on Saturday?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quoteill try not to get a fat head

Oops! too late! :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"We were soooo busy out in the swap meet today...actually we did ok -  for me, and Jack did better. We walked in around 5 and visited with George, Frank and Larry for a short while. Back to the workaday grind tomorrow. What's wrong with retired guys who work on Saturday?

I went to a swap meet today.

I have always prided myself in my hageling.

I found a aluminium tank that I can used to make the water tank larger in the 974.  

I asked the vendor how much for the tank and he said $25.  I offered him $20 and he took it.  Later while I was walking around looking at other stuff, I looked down at the tank and saw that he had marked it $10.  So I paid twice his asking price.   I am really good at this swap meet stuff.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

Y'all have a great time, sounds like a blast 8)

John, you and I posess some of the same skills :shock:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

John, you crack me up!  I'm sitting here surfing the RRT reading the posts aloud to OldBobSign and read yours to him.  We both are laughing out loud.  THANKS! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

John my boy...do I ever I have some parts for you. That tickled me.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!