I needed another project so

Started by WZ JUNK, September 08, 2007, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I brought this one home today.  It is 1955 first series on an S 10 chassis.  350 with a 400 turbo trans.  At least it runs and drives.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I brought this one home today.  It is 1955 first series on an S 10 chassis.  350 with a 400 turbo trans.  At least it runs and drives.

John

Nice, i dunno about the pink grill, but the rest is nice!!!!  :lol:

dragrcr50

I assume your gonna sell the chassis to a kit car guy and build one for it.......looks good...........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

kb426

Looks good. How many surprises did you find?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"Looks good. How many surprises did you find?

Lots.  It gets a complete redo.  Basically it is a collection of parts that drives.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Sets pretty nice. Seems the S-truck chassis is pretty popular under those.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

OldSub

Are you going to use '54 - '55 1st fenders and grill or stay with this early stuff that's on it.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "kb426"Looks good. How many surprises did you find?

Lots.  It gets a complete redo.  Basically it is a collection of parts that drives.

John

sometimes after you drive a vehicle , then give it a good looking over.... yikes!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "OldSub"Are you going to use '54 - '55 1st fenders and grill or stay with this early stuff that's on it.

I will use the front sheet metal that is currently on the truck.  I prefer the earlier style.  It will be fun to take it to a NSRA event next spring.  I can hear the complaining already.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "OldSub"Are you going to use '54 - '55 1st fenders and grill or stay with this early stuff that's on it.

I will use the front sheet metal that is currently on the truck.  I prefer the earlier style.  It will be fun to take it to a NSRA event next spring.  I can hear the complaining already.

John

some folks call them car meets   ; " sit and whine"

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)