Calamity Zoo

Started by GPster, August 29, 2007, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Just to start you guys talking about it. It's nearer than Bonneville and I'd like to plan some vacation for myself. No faster than I drive I'd probably be looking at driving to somewhere on Friday and converging on you guys on Saturday. Then start the drive home on Sunday. The local motels are probably high priced and booked so I'd like suggestions of places SE of there to look for a room. Maybe an hours drive from the location I could handle.  How bad is the spectator parking? I didn't have to worry about it when I was a member of NSRA and before I started driving my wife would just drop me off at McDonalds or Jegs. Is it close to the Swap Meet (like I should be buying something). Start talking, GPster

Dave

Joe im roughly 1 hour away in Jackson due east you should be able to get a room there. Spectator parking is in a couple places. One is right near the swap and the other is near were the group parks.  With not having a car ill be driving out as usuall but in sues car or my truck and i dont know if im gonna do all 3 days this year. Ill have to look at whats south south east that may have a room.
Dave

enjenjo

I usually stay in Battle Creek, it's about 20 miles away. There are several motels along I94 there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Frank's right about rooms in Battle Creek.  The motels there usually don't fill up and they don't raise their prices.  I can call around if you want since I"m close.  Let me know what you're looking for.  

If you need a button to get in I'll probably have an extra. Like Dave said, parking is right outside the gate and very close to where we usually set up camp.
George

GPster

Well, I think that I just spent my trip to the Zoo. I've been waiting for the junkyard to seel the engine out of a '87 GMC S15 so I could buy the rolling chassis. Well they sold it yesterday, to me! He was correct, the engine runs well. I put my battery in it and put wheels on it, and drove it out of the yard. The Jeepster will have it's 4th motor in it since I've owned it. Maybe it will move under it's own power with this one. we also bought a new computor and a digital camera last week so maybe next year. GPster

Roadstar

I'm looking for a room in town close to the action, if anyone knows of any, I used to stay downtown at the Raddison but they seem to feel the need to double the already pricey rate of 109.00 :shock:

I may end up in battle creek as well but thought I would ask here anyway.

phat rat

Quote from: "Roadstar"I'm looking for a room in town close to the action, if anyone knows of any, I used to stay downtown at the Raddison but they seem to feel the need to double the already pricey rate of 109.00 :shock:

I may end up in battle creek as well but thought I would ask here anyway.

Rudy, get in touch with BobK
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Roadstar

Just talked to Bob yesterday, he said he isn't going, but I didn't ask him a bout a room.

phat rat

Quote from: "Roadstar"Just talked to Bob yesterday, he said he isn't going, but I didn't ask him a bout a room.

Going or not he's the room guy
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bob K

Sorry Guy's nothing left at either motel.

B :cry: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?