Steering stabilizer revisited.

Started by Dave, May 18, 2004, 07:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

We had this discussion a while back and over the weekend I decided to install the So Cal unit on my 32. Ive had a mild shake in the front and im thinking its mostly from road bumps although the front tires probably could use a good balance. The tire place that did em in tennessee(the tennessee tire and rubber and screen door company) put way too many stick on weights on them i think. I pulled a ton of weights off the rears when I put the bigger tires on. Sue and I went for a cruise tonite to a cruise that didnt happen ? I guess they arent doing it anymore and i noticed right away that the car drove better. I like it. We came down the expressway on the way home and at 90 plus it handles fine cept sue didnt like that speed?.. Im not done playing yet but I thought id relay my findings...
Your resident non expert on anything but beer...
Dave :roll:

48ford

I'm glad it worked for you too,I put one on the 46 and it did make a difference.
As far as the rattle coming from the passenger seat,when the squeaking gets to much for me,I give Irene a full tilt bast for a mile or two,and i usually get total silence for the rest of the trip!(crude but it works)
Later
Russ