My 35 Ford Pickup from Downunder

Started by pvcerod, August 07, 2007, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvcerod

Hi All

I'm a Newbie but an Oldie, this is my second attempt to Post * Gremlins in the Mac, so here goes.......the pvcerod stuck with me when I was putting together a Fibreglass 32 Coupe.......my My are a funny bunch :wink:  :lol:  :lol:.......well a couple of years ago I acquired this 35 Ford Pickup on EBAY in OZ......the going has been a bit slow but we're getting there......things tend to be like that when you have you take in turns to work on each others Rods........well when we got this pickup home it looked pretty Good & it had everything to build a great Rod.......well that was until we took the Body & the Tub on the back off......you see it was a half finished Project of the previous owner.......now I'm not going to Bag him cause he is a nice Bloke......so lets just say the Chassis was in a bad need of a revamp & the Engine had to be Built, but had a few things that had to go as they were the wrong parts......but that's together now & running sweet......the L300 Front End was disposed of as there was no adjustment left in the Spring Towers if you know what I mean........so now it a completely new vamped HT Holden Front End with a Commodore Rack.......now the fun part......straighten the Chassis as best we could so it won't go down the road side ways like a Crab.......out with the old X-Member & widen it a bit so we can drop the Gear box out without having to pull it out the front with Engine.......nice new Cross Member with a Tail Shaft Safety Loop......new rear Cross Member & Shock Mounts & lots of new Bracketry for other things like Brake Booster, Trans Cooler, Exhaust Etc to hang off.......then we attacked the Cab Floor & Firewall......bit of a mess, too much cold welding with a Mig & that's where we are at the moment.....putting Securing Brackets for the Seat, Seat Belts & Cab Mounts, all Welds are being done with Tig by a Mate of ours Russell " Boges " Bogle as he is our Welding Genius in the Structual Department as we have to have our chassis Engineered here in OZ......so here are a few Pics of the Pickup.  :wink:

As you can see, its not a huge Shed / Workshop.....but everything is on Wheels so it fits quite nicely.:roll:  :wink:

Have a look at that nice Tailshaft Safety Loop.....the Fuel Tank is Aliuminium, it was made up for a 32.....I picked it up a Swap Meet for $100.....Bargain.

Grille & Front End came up a treat.

Lil 302 Windsor.....Snappy but Tame.

Yes I know the tub on the Back looks strange......but I dare to be different & I like it......the Mates are going to turn it into a Spa Bath......I told you they were Funny Buggers.:shock:  :wink:

And this is what I want it to look like when she's finished.
Happy Cruzin
Steve

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

What rear end is that, and who made the cover?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

pvcerod

Quote from: "enjenjo"What rear end is that, and who made the cover?

Hi Enjenjo

The Rear End is a Borg Warner 8" & the Hali Hat is one of Tony Carters in OZ........Here's his Web Site. :wink:

http://www.freewebs.com/carterhotrodcomponents/index.htm
Happy Cruzin
Steve