69+ GM Steering Shaft

Started by Bib_Overalls, July 28, 2007, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

I'm using a 46 Buick steering box (with the spear of death) in my 26 Model T two door sedan project.  To facilitate entrance and exit I am going to run a Grant quick release hub.

And to do this, I need to graft on the steering wheel end of a non-tilt 69 and up GM steering shaft, the one that is inside the column.  Actually, I just need the splines and six or eight inches of shaft.  :shock:

Yards here are full of tilts.  But non-tilts are hard to find.  And if they are suitable for rod building, a little pricey.

Can anyone suggest a possible donor?  Something that no one could possibly want for a project.

I could most likely get Flaming River or ididit to spline some shaft for me.  But that is going to be pricey.  And I'd like to avoid store bought parts when and where I can.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Leon

Too bad you couldn't run an early Ford spline, I have a couple of them.

enjenjo

Let me check, I probably have what you need.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

I have what you need. PM me your address and I'll send it to you, no charge.

Bib_Overalls

Enjenjo came through with the GM stub I needed to adapt the Grant quick release hub to my Buick steering column.  

And everything worked out just fine.  Thanks again Frank.

I have started posting pictures of my 1926 Model T two door sedan project here:  http://flickr.com/photos/ratpoison/

I put up pictures of the steering hub adaptation today.  And tomorrow I will post pictures of the assembled column.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

You're welcome. by the way, the smoking is down to less than a pack a day in preperation for the end. :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"You're welcome. by the way, the smoking is down to less than a pack a day in preperation for the end. :lol:

YES :!: YES  :!:  :!:  :!:  :D  :D  :b-d:  :b-d:  );b(  );b(

It's the hardest thing you'll ever do, BUT the BEST  :!:  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****